Whole Body Checkup- Male
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is included in a whole-body checkup- male?
Medicover Whole-body checkup-Male package includes 31 Investigations + 10 Specialist Consultations:
- CT Brain Plain
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- CUE (Complete Urine Examination)
- 2DEcho with Colour Doppler
- T3, T4, and TSH
- Liver Function Test
- Complete Stool Examination
- Fasting Blood Glucose
- USG Carotid Doppler
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D (25 OH) and 20 more Investigations with 10 specialists consultation
2. Is whole body check-up good?
Doctors have highlighted the importance of preventing diseases to avoid the need for medical treatment or surgery. We must have a whole body checkup at least once a year to detect any changes in our systems. It also acts as a preventative health check.
3. How long does a whole-body check-up take?
The whole body checkup takes about 1 -2 hours to complete.
4. Is Gastroenterology Consultation included in whole-body checkups for males?
Yes, Gastroenterology Consultation is included in whole-body checkup- male along with other 9 specialist consultations.
5. Is Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test included in whole-body health checkup?
Yes, Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test is included in the whole-body health checkup.
6. Is Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) included in Whole Body Health Checkup for male?
Yes, blood urea nitrogen (BUN) is included in the Whole Body Health Checkup for Male. The test determines the quantity of urea in a blood sample. Urea is a waste produced by the body during the regular breakdown of proteins. It's also known as urea nitrogen, and the kidneys filter it out of the blood.
7. What is serum calcium?
A blood test is to determine the quantity of calcium in the blood is known as serum calcium. The test is used to screen for, diagnose, and monitor a variety of bone, heart, nerve, kidney, and tooth problems. If a person exhibits signs of a parathyroid problem, malabsorption, or an overactive thyroid, the test may be recommended.
8. What is vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin. It is present in meat, fish, and dairy products. Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps in the health of your body's blood and nerve cells, as well as the production of DNA, which is the genetic material found in all of your cells. Vitamin B12 also aids in the prevention of megaloblastic anemia, a blood disorder that causes fatigue and weakness.
9. Why is a blood urea nitrogen bun test done?
The BUN test is used to determine how efficiently your kidneys are functioning. Your BUN level rises if your kidneys are unable to discharge urea from the blood in a regular manner. The levels can also be raised by heart failure, dehydration, or a high-protein diet. BUN levels can be lowered by liver illness or injury.