Heart Checkup Package
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the tests for a heart checkup?
Medicover Heart Checkup Package includes 10 Investigations + 2 Specialist Consultation.
- 2D Echo with Colour Doppler
- CBP (Complete Blood Picture)
- Serum Creatinine
- CUE (Complete Urine Examination)
- FBS (Fasting Blood Glucose)
- Lipid Profile
- PLBS (Post Lunch Blood Glucose)
- X-Ray Chest PA View and 2 Specialist Consultation.
2. How often should you get your heart checked?
Unless you have suffered a heart condition in the past, screening for heart diseases is recommended for every 6 months. To rule out the possibility of any heart related diseases, a heart examination is recommended. People who are at risk of developing heart disease in the future can make lifestyle changes to live a healthier life if detected early.
3. Is FBS (fasting blood sugar) test included in the heart checkup package?
Yes, FBS(fasting blood sugar) test is included in the heart checkup package. The levels are measured by taking a blood test after a period of fasting at least 8 hours without consuming food except for water. Fasting blood glucose levels are usually measured in the morning before any food is consumed.
4. Is serum creatinine test included in the heart checkup package?
Yes, the serum creatinine test is included in the heart checkup package. A creatinine test is done to check how well your kidneys are performing their job of filtering waste from your blood.
5. What is a blood CBP (complete picture test)?
The complete blood count (CBC) is a series of tests that assesses the red blood cells (RBCs), white blood cells (WBCs), and platelets that circulate in the blood (PLTs). The CBC can evaluate your overall health and detect a variety of diseases and conditions, such as infections, anemia, and leukemia.
6. Is CUE (complete urine examination) included in the Heart Checkup Package?
Yes, CUE (complete urine examination) is included in the Heart Checkup Package. Urine tests can be used to diagnose urinary tract infections if bacteria or white blood cells are found. it includes a physical examination of urine like color, appearance, specific gravity, ph, chemical examination for sugars, etc.
7. Why is the Complete Blood Picture test important?
A complete blood count is a frequent blood test used to assess your general health for a variety of reasons. As part of a normal medical checkup, your doctor may prescribe a complete blood count to monitor your overall health and test for a number of diseases, such as anaemia or leukaemia.
8. What is a 2d echo test?
2D Echo also known as 2D Echocardiography is a simple, non-invasive, and painless test that helps to diagnose cardiac disorders. 2D Echo is one of the medical tests that use sound waves to capture the images of an organ. With a specially designed sonography probe, 2D echo provides clear pictures of the heart.
9. Why is a lipid profile test done?
Cardiac Stress Test is another name for TMT Test. The TMT test compares the coronary circulation of a patient in a resting state to a patient who has been exposed to excessive pressure or stress.