By Medicover Hospitals / 1 Feb 2021
Syndol Tablet is a combination of medicine that helps to relieve muscle pain. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers causing pain, inflammation, and fever. This improves muscle movement and relieves pain and discomfort.
Syndol Tablet should be taken with a meal. This will prevent you from getting a stomach upset. Your dose and duration will depend on the severity of your condition. You should keep taking the medicine even if you feel better until the doctor says you should stop using it.
The use of this medicine may cause few common side effects such as nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and dryness in the mouth. If any of these side effects do not work out over time or get worse, you should let your doctor know. Your doctor may be able to suggest ways to prevent or reduce side effects. In general, you should try to use the smallest amount you need to control your symptoms.
You should tell your doctor if you have any other medical conditions or disorders before using the medicine. To make sure it is safe, tell your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking. Also, tell your doctor if you have any problems with your liver or kidneys. You should avoid drinking alcohol while using this medicine. Pregnant and breast-feeding women should consult their doctors first before using the medicine.
- Syndol Uses
- Syndol Side effects
- Syndol advantages vs Disadvantages
- Frequently Asked Questions
Muscular pain- Syndol Tablet is a combination of a muscle relaxant and two pain relievers.Syndol Tablet works by making the muscles less stiff. It also blocks the action of certain chemicals that cause pain and swelling in the muscles. In general, it helps to move easily. Syndol Tablet can help you do your daily business without any problems. It is advisable to continue taking Syndol Tablet until your doctor has advised you to stop taking Syndol Tablet.
How to use
- Take this medicine at the dose and duration recommended by your doctor. Swallow it down as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it down. Syndol Tablet should be taken after eating food.
How does it work
- Syndol Tablet is a combination of a relaxing muscle (Thiocolchicoside) and two pain relievers (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol). The muscle relaxant works in the brain and spinal cord centers to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm and improve muscle movement. The pain relievers work by blocking the release in the brain of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Syndol Side effects
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness in mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Alcohol: CONSULT THE DOCTOR. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking SYNDOL TABLET as it may increase somnolence. It may also increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Pregnancy Avoid taking SYNDOL TABLET if you are pregnant unless prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have any concerns about this, your doctor will only prescribe it if the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Breastfeeding Consult your doctor before taking SYNDOL TABLET; your doctor will decide whether or not SYNDOL TABLET may be taken by breastfeeding mothers.
- Driving SYNDOL TABLET may cause dizziness and somnolence. Do not drive or operate machines unless you are alert.
- Liver Patients with impaired liver function may need to adjust the dose. Consult your doctor if you have impaired your liver or if you have any concerns about it
- Kidney Patients with impaired renal function may need to adjust the dose. Consult your doctor if you have impaired your kidneys or if you have any concerns about it.
- Syndol Tablet has been prescribed to relieve pain due to muscle spasm
- This medicine is most effective when taken with proper rest and physical therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking Syndol Tablet as it may cause excessive somnolence and increase the risk of liver damage
- Older adults may have increased sleepiness, confusion, and a higher risk of falling due to the use of Syndol tablets
- Do not take any other medicine containing acetaminophen (pain/fever or cough-and-cold drugs) without first asking your doctor
Syndol advantages and Disadvantages
|It is given for short-term relief of tension, headache, and other types of pains
||It is not recommended for long term use.
|It helps you to get better in 3 days, if not then talk to your doctor.
||This medicine can cause addiction and if you take it for more than three days continuously then it can be addictive to you
|Children who are above 12 years can take this medicine.
||Not recommended for children under 12 years.
|It may help you to recover soon.
||Can cause severe liver damage from a long period of intake
Frequently Asked Questions:
Syndol Tablet is a combination of a muscle relaxant and two pain relievers. Syndol Tablet works by making the muscles less stiff. It also blocks the action of certain chemicals that cause pain and swelling in the muscles. In general, it helps to move easily. Syndol Tablet can help you do your daily business without any problems. It is advisable to continue taking Syndol Tablet until your doctor has advised you to stop taking Syndol Tablet.
Side effects of Syndol are nausea, dizziness, vomit, drowsiness, rashes, itching, lightheadedness, etc.
Syndol Tablet is usually used for a short period of time and can be discontinued when the pain is relieved. However, if advised by the doctor, Syndol Tablet should be continued.
The use of Syndol Tablet is considered to be harmful to patients with known allergy to painkillers or to any of the ingredients or excipients of this medicine. The use of this medicine should preferably be avoided in patients with a history of stomach ulcers or in patients with active, recurrent stomach ulcers/bleeds. Patients with a history of heart failure, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease should also be avoided.
Yes, Syndol Tablet can be used with vitamin B-complex preparations. While Syndol Tablet helps relieve pain, the vitamin B complex can help to correct the vitamin deficiency that may cause your symptoms.
Yes, long-term use of Syndol tablets may cause kidney damage. Normal kidneys produce a chemical called prostaglandins, which protects them from damage. The use of painkillers lowers the levels of prostaglandins in the body, leading to long-term kidney damage. The use of painkillers in patients with underlying kidney disease is not recommended.
No, taking more of this medicine will not make it more effective, but it can lead to increased side effects. If symptoms are becoming serious, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Syndol Tablet includes Paracetamol. These medicines are known to cause liver damage, especially at doses above the recommended level. Also, avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine, as this may further increase your risk of liver damage. The use of this medicine in patients with underlying liver disease should preferably be avoided. If you notice any early signs and symptoms of liver damage, contact your doctor immediately. These symptoms may include fever, rash, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, stomach pain, dark urine, yellow skin or eyes, and abnormal liver enzymes.
Keep this medicine in the container or pack that came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions on the package or label. Disposal of unused medicine. Make sure that pets, children, and other people do not consume it.