Forcefully expel stomach contents out of the mouth. Vomiting can have causes that are not due to an underlying disease. Examples include hangovers, pregnancy, overeating, or motion sickness.
What is Vomiting?
Vomiting is a symptom of an underlying disease. It’s a forceful discharge that makes the stomach content. The causes of vomiting may include food poisoning, motion sickness, Ear infection pregnancy, stress, acid reflux, Gastroenteritis, and dizziness. Some of the illnesses may also cause vomitings like pneumonia and sepsis. It can be also a side effect of different medications, including drugs that are used during cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Vomiting is a very common thing but if there is an emergency then medical attention is required.
- Vomiting that is caused for more than one day
- Food poisoning
- ISevere headache and stiff neck
- Abdominal pain
- Blood vomiting
Some major treatment that can be taken to avoid vomiting are:
- Drinking plenty of liquids to get rid of dehydration
- Take a liquid diet to give some rest to your stomach
- Avoid using strong perfumes
- If you are taking solid food prefer digestible food like cereal and rice.
- Avoid eating spicy foods for someday.
- Avoid physical activities
- Eating light and bland foods
- Eat slowly and take smaller bites
- Avoid activity after eating
- Do deep breathing exercises
If you have planned for a trip and you have a history of motion sickness in this case you can take advice from Doctor and he will prescribe you medicines. For the patients who are going through chemotherapy, the doctor may change your drug therapy.
The doctor might prescribe antiemetic drugs for vomiting.
Some natural home remedies that can cure you from vomiting are:
- Drink enough water
- Drinking Juice
- Taking deep breathe
- Wrist acupressure
- Try taking ginger, fennel, and cloves
- Sugar and saltwater
- Take lemonade water