Diabetic Health Check Up Package in Vizag
Diabetic health check ups are useful to identify prediabetes, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes. There are several diabetes tests available, however the A1C and FBS tests are the most often used for diabetes screening. In diabetes health check up, a small sample of your blood is collected and sent to a laboratory for further examination. The results of most tests are accessible within minutes or a few hours, depending on the type of test.
Diabetic health check up package is extremely helpful for diabetic patients to track their blood glucose levels regularly. This will also enable them to diagnose complications, such as cardiovascular diseases, kidney problems, eye problems, nerve damage, skin conditions, etc. which can occur in people with diabetes. Being aware of your diabetic status can mean some minor changes to your diet and lifestyle, but ultimately, it can mean prevention of many other conditions stemming from diabetes, including heart attacks and strokes.
Diabetic health check up is recommended if you are aged above 45 years, medically diagnosed as being overweight, have a history of diabetes in your family or having potential signs such as feeling thirsty, tired, lethargic, losing weight for no reason and increased frequency of urination.
This package comprises 10 Investigations + 2 Specialist Consultation. For more details, view the package details here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which tests and consultations are included in the diabetic health check-up package available at MVP Vizag?
Diabetic health check-up package available at MVP Vizag comprises of following tests and consultations:
- FBS (Fasting Blood Glucose)
- PLBS (Post Lunch Blood Glucose )
- HBA1C (Glycosylated Haemoglobin)
- Lipid Profile
- Blood Urea
- Serum Creatinine
- CUE (Complete Urine Examination)
- General Medicine Consultation
2. What is the cost of the diabetic health check-up package available at MVP Vizag?
The cost of the diabetic health check-up package available at MVP Vizag is approximately Rs 1500.00.
3. Does diabetic health check up include HBA1C test available at MVP Vizag?
Yes, diabetic health check ups include HBA1C test available at MVP Vizag.
4. How is diabetes monitored by the HbA1C test in the diabetic health check up package at MVP Vizag?
If HbA1C is determined as below 5.7%, it is normal. When it is found between 5.7 and 6.4%, it shows that you are a prediabetic. If it goes higher, that means you have diabetes.