Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) test done?
This test is done for the following reasons -
- To diagnose prediabetes in adults
- To diagnose type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- To monitor diabetes management and treatment plan
2. What preparation is required before the HbA1c test?
Let your doctor know about the medicines you may be taking. No special preparation is required.
3. What to expect during an HbA1c test?
A lab professional will take a blood sample from a vein (venipuncture) with a small needle. In a test tube or vial, a small amount of blood sample will be collected. This blood collection process usually takes less than five minutes.
4. What is the cost of an HbA1c test in Hyderabad?
The cost of an HbA1c test in Hyderabad is Rs.400 to Rs 800 approximately.
5. Are there any risks involved with the HbA1c test?
Having an HbA1c blood test carries very little risk. Rarely, there may be slight pain or bruising at the venipuncture point, but most symptoms subside on their own.
6. What is hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia, or high blood glucose, is a health condition where the blood glucose level is higher than the normal range.
7. What does hyperglycemia indicate?
Hyperglycemia indicates prediabetes or diabetes.
8. What is hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, is a health condition where the blood sugar level is less than the normal level.
9. What are the symptoms of hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia symptoms are -
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased thirst
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
10. What are the symptoms of hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia symptoms are -
- Pale appearance