By Medicover Hospitals / 11 Mar 2021
What is Zifi?
Zifi 200 tablets are a type of antibiotic. It is used to treat urinary tract infections, lung infections, throat infections, airway infections, tonsils, middle ear infections, and cervical/urethral infections. It can also be used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of bacteria's cell walls, resulting in the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection.
- Zifi Uses
- Zifi Side effects
- Zifi vs Azithromycin
- Frequently Asked Questions
It is used in treating several kinds of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, or sinuses, the urinary system, the throat, and the lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia). It is also useful in the treatment of typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhea. It treats the infection of the respiratory tract.
How to use?
Zivi 100 tablets should only be administered under the supervision of a doctor or other health professional. Use it on a regular basis at evenly spaced intervals as directed by your doctor. The dose will vary depending on the condition being treated, but you should always finish the entire course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor. Even if you feel better, do not stop taking it until you have finished. If you stop taking it too soon, some bacteria may survive, causing the infection to reoccur or worsen. It will not help with viral infections like flu or a common cold.
Zifi Side Effects:
- Stomach pain
- Loose or frequent stools
- Itching & rashes
- Vaginal discharge
- Avoid using Zifi 200 Tablet for an extended period of time because it may cause rash and diarrhea.
- Even if you feel good, don’t skip any of the dosages and complete the entire course of medication treatment. Stopping it too soon may make the infection more difficult to treat. In order to avoid stomach upset, take it with food.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect, but it should subside once your course is finished. If it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools, contact your doctor.
- If you develop rash, itchy skin, swelling of the face and mouth, or difficulty while breathing, stop taking this tablet and contact your doctor right away.
- In patients with kidney disease, this should be used with caution, dosage may need to be adjusted.
- In patients with liver disease, tablets should be used with caution, dosage may need to be adjusted. Please consult your physician.
- The use of this tablet during pregnancy is generally regarded as safe. Animal studies have shown that there are very few or no negative effects on the developing baby; however, human studies are scarce. Still consult before taking.
- It is safe to take Zifi 200 Tablet while breastfeeding. According to human studies, the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amounts and is not harmful to the baby.
If you forget to take one of the dosages, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose and proceed with your daily schedule. To cope up with a missed dose, do not take a double dose.
Overdose of a drug can be accidental. If you have taken more than the prescribed tablets there is a chance of getting a harmful effect on your body’s functions.
There are no known Zifi drug reactions, but you can tell your doctor about all of your drugs, including prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Not all drug interactions are recognized, and new ones are being found all the time. When taking Zifi ,stay away from alcohol and other sleep-inducing drugs.
Exposure of medicine to heat, air, and light may cause some harmful effects. The medicine must be kept in a safe place and out of children’s reach.
Zifi vs Azithromycin:
|This is a type of antibiotic. It is used for treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, the lungs, the throat, the airways, the tonsils, the middle ear, and cervical/urethral infections.
||Azithromycin is an antibiotic that treats a variety of bacterial infections. It's a macrolide antibiotic.
|Bacterial infections of the ear, nose, or sinuses, the urinary system, the throat, and the lungs. It is also useful in the treatment of typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhea.
||Azithromycin is used to prevent and treat a potentially fatal infection (mycobacteria or MAC). It helps in treating strep throat, middle ear infections, pneumonia, traveler's diarrhea, and certain other intestinal infections are examples of this.
|It works by interfering with the synthesis of bacteria's cell walls, resulting in the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection.
||It works by preventing bacterial growth. Any antibiotic's effectiveness can be reduced if it is used or misused unnecessarily.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It is frequently used to diagnose or treat bacterial infections, kidney infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis. It can cause headaches, itching, stomach upset, and vaginal infection.
This is a type of antibiotic. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear, and cervical/urethral infections.
Zifi-O (200mg/200mg) tablet contains two medications, Cefixime and Ofloxacin. It is used to treat typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adults. Take this medication exactly as directed and for the specified amount of time.
Yes, using this Tablet can result in diarrhea. Zifi 200 Tablet is an antibiotic that kills harmful bacteria, but it can also harm the beneficial bacteria in your stomach or intestine, resulting in diarrhea. If diarrhea persists, consult your doctor.
Zifi Tablet is effective when taken in the dose and for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Even if you notice an improvement in your condition, do not stop taking it. If you discontinue Zifi 200 Tablet too soon, your symptoms may return or worsen.
Tablet is typically prescribed for a period of 7-14 days. You should take it for the entire duration of your treatment unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Yes, Tablet is safe for the kidneys when used alone; however, when used in conjunction with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporin antibiotics, it may cause kidney damage. As a result, it is recommended that you only take this medication if it has been prescribed by your doctor.