By Medicover Hospitals / 11 Mar 2021
What is Pan-D?
Pan-D Capsule PR is a prescription medication that is used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and peptic ulcer disease by alleviating acidity symptoms such as indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, or irritation.
Pan-D Capsule PR neutralizes acid in the stomach and promotes easy gas passage, reducing stomach discomfort. It is administered without food in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. The dose you receive will be determined by your condition and how well you respond to the medication. You should continue to take this medication for as long as your doctor recommends. If you discontinue treatment too soon, your symptoms may return and your condition may worsen.
- Pan-D Uses
- Pan-D Side effects
- Pan-D vs Rantac 150
- Frequently Asked Questions
In Gastroesophageal reflux disease:
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a chronic condition that causes heartburn on a regular basis rather than just occasionally. It occurs when a muscle above your stomach relaxes too much, allowing stomach contents to reflux into your esophagus and mouth. Pan-D Capsule PR reduces stomach acid production and relieves the pain associated with heartburn and acid reflux.
In the case of peptic ulcer disease:
Peptic ulcer disease is a condition in which painful sores or ulcers develop in the stomach or gut lining (intestine). Pan-D Capsule PR lowers the amount of acid produced by your stomach, preventing further damage to the ulcer as it heals naturally. Depending on what caused the ulcer, you may be given additional medications in addition to this one. Even if the symptoms seem to go away, you must continue to take the medication as directed for it to be effective.
Pan-D Side Effects:
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Irregular menses
- Breast enlargement
- Drinking alcohol while taking Pan-D Capsule PR is not recommended. Please seek medical advice.
- The use of Pan-D Capsule PR during pregnancy may be hazardous. Although there have been few human studies, animal studies have revealed that it is harmful to a developing baby. Before prescribing it to you, your doctor will weigh the advantages and disadvantages. Please seek medical advice.
- When breastfeeding, use Pan-D Capsule PR with caution. Breastfeeding should be stopped until the mother's treatment is finished and the drug has been eliminated from her system.
- Pan-D Capsule PR may cause drowsiness and dizziness, as well as a decrease in alertness and vision. If these symptoms appear, do not drive.
- In patients with kidney disease, Pan-D Capsule PR should be used with caution. Pan-D Capsule PR dosage may need to be adjusted. Please consult your physician.
- In patients with liver disease, Pan-D Capsule PR is probably safe to use. Based on the available data, it appears that no dose adjustment of Pan-D Capsule PR is required in these patients. Please consult your physician.
- Medicines whose activity is dependent on the pH of stomach acid may not function properly when combined with Pan D.
- Other medications, which are used to treat heart conditions, anti-HIV medications, certain antibiotics, antimalarials, and medications that act on the brain or are used to treat brain-related disorders, should be used with caution.
- Pan-D Capsule PR has been prescribed for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before a meal.
- It is a well-tolerated medication that provides long-term relief.
- Inform your doctor if you have watery diarrhea, a fever, or persistent stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after 14 days because you may be suffering from another problem that requires attention.
- Long-term use can result in weak bones and a lack of minerals such as magnesium. Take calcium and magnesium supplements
If someone has taken an overdose of this medicine and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, seek medical advice. Never take more than what is prescribed to you by your doctor.
If you forget to take any dose or by mistake miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is already the time for the next dose, skip the forgotten dose. Take your next dosage at a regular time. Do not double the dose.
Direct contact with heat, air and light may damage your medicines. Exposure to medicine may cause some harmful effects. The medicine must be kept in a safe place and out of children’s reach.
Pan-D vs Rantac 150:
|| Rantac 150
|Pan-D Capsule PR is a prescription medication that is used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and peptic ulcer disease
||Rantac 150 Tablet is a medication that lowers the amount of acid produced by your stomach.
|Pan-D Capsule PR promotes easy gas passage, reducing stomach discomfort, and neutralizes stomach acid.
||It is used to treat and prevent heartburn, indigestion, and other symptoms caused by an excess of stomach acid.
|Pan D Capsule is used to treat Gastrointestinal reflux disease.
|| It is also used to treat and prevent stomach ulcers, acid reflux disease, and a few other uncommon conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Pan D capsule is a medication used to treat acid reflux. It is used for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach enters the food pipe.
Use it as directed by your doctor or check the label before use. Pan-D Capsule PR should be taken on an empty stomach.
Daily doses greater than 240 mg administered in evenly divided doses via 15-minute infusion, or administered for more than 6 days, have not been studied. Oral: 40 mg twice daily, with a maximum daily dose of 240 mg. Pantoprazole has been used to treat some patients for more than two years.
Pantoprazole can be taken before or after food, but it is preferable to take it before.
PAN 40 Tablet is a medication that lowers the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used for treating stomach acid-related diseases such as heartburn, acid reflux, peptic ulcer disease, and some other stomach conditions associated with excessive acid production.
Pan 40 tablet is used for the treatment of acidic disorders such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease, and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumor in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids)
Pan-D Capsule PR is considered safe for the majority of patients. However, it may cause common side effects such as diarrhea, stomach pain, flatulence, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, and other uncommon and rare side effects in some patients. Inform your doctor if you have any persistent problems while taking this medication.
Yes, using Pan-D Capsule PR can result in dry mouth. Domperidone causes dryness of the mouth. Drink plenty of water throughout the day and keep some by your bedside at night. Reduce your alcohol consumption and avoid smoking. If you have a dry mouth, try to avoid using alcohol-containing mouthwash, as it can increase your risk of tooth decay.
Yes, taking Pan-D Capsule PR can result in diarrhea. If you have diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids in small, frequent sips. Avoid consuming fatty or fried foods while taking this medication. Consult your doctor if diarrhea persists and you notice signs of dehydration, such as thirst.
Pan-D Capsule PR contains Domperidone and Pantoprazole. This combination is used to treat acid reflux, heartburn, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), a condition in which stomach acid flows back up into the food pipe (esophagus).