What is Metaxalone ?
Metaxalone is an analgesic that relaxes the muscles. It works by preventing nerve impulses (or pain sensations) from reaching the brain. Metaxalone is used to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury in conjunction with rest and physical therapy.
Metaxalone is a muscle relaxant that is used in conjunction with rest, physical therapy, and other measures to relax muscles and relieve pain and discomfort associated with strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries.
How to use Metaxalone?
As directed by your doctor, take this medication orally with or without food. Do not increase your dose or use this medication more frequently or for a longer period of time than prescribed. Your condition will not improve faster, and your chances of experiencing side effects will increase. If you experience any of the side effects after taking this medication after a high-fat meal, then take it on an empty stomach or take it after a light meal.
The dosage is dependent on your medical history and health condition as well as your response to treatment.
If your condition does not improve or gets worse, notify your doctor.
Metaxalone Side Effects
Some of the common side effects of Metaxalone are:
- Upset stomach
- Severe skin rash
- Difficulty breathing
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
If you experience any of the above-mentioned symptoms, call your doctor immediately.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to metaxalone or if you have any other allergies before taking it. Inactive ingredients might be present in this product and can cause allergic reactions or some other problems.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, particularly if you have: liver disease, kidney disease, anemia, or seizures, before using this medication.
- This medication may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Alcohol can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not try driving, operate machinery, or do anything else that requires alertness until you are confident that you can do so safely. Consume no alcoholic beverages.
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the drug's side effects, particularly dizziness, drowsiness, or confusion. These side effects may increase the likelihood of a fall.
- This medication should be used only when prescribed by your doctor during pregnancy. Consult your doctor about the possible risks and benefits.
- It is not known whether this medication passes through breast milk or not. Before you start breastfeeding, talk to your doctor.
If someone has taken an overdose of this medicine and has serious symptoms such as trouble breathing, seek medical advice immediately. Never take more doses than what is prescribed to you by your doctor.
It is necessary to take each dose of this medication on time. If you forget a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible to arrange for a new dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
The medicine must not come in contact with heat, air, light and may damage it. The medicine must be kept in a safe place and far away from children’s reach.
Metaxalone vs Tolperisone
|Metaxalone is an analgesic that relaxes the muscles.
|Tolperisone Mydocalm) is a centrally-acting skeletal muscle relaxant used to treat increased muscle tone caused by neurological diseases.
|It is used to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury in conjunction with rest and physical therapy.
|Tolperisone is used to relax muscles. It is employed in the treatment of acute musculoskeletal pain.
|It works by preventing nerve impulses (or pain sensations) from reaching the brain.
|It works on the brain and spinal cord centers to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reducing strength. This reduces pain and improves muscle movement.