Dr Praveen Sodavarapu
Consultant Orthopedic, Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy Surgeon
MBBS, MS Ortho (PGI Chandigarh), DNB, MNAMS
Fellow in Knee Surgery, Sports Medicine and Arthroplasty (Korea)
Fellow in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and Sports Medicine (Korea)
Fellowship In Robotic Knee Arthroplasty
Experience : 6+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
About Doctor :
- TKR-Total Knee replacement
- THR-Total Hip Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
- Sports injuries
- Knee Arthroscopy (Keyhole surgery)
- ACL Reconstruction
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Meniscus Repair
- Shoulder Arthroscopy (Keyhole surgery)
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Rotator Cuff surgery
- Bankart Surgery
- Complex Trauma and Fracture Surgery
- Spine and Pediatric disorders
Education Details :
- MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad (2008-2014)
- M.S (Orthopaedics) from PGIMER, Chandigarh (2015-2018)
- DNB (Orthopaedics) from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi (2019)
Past Experience :
- Resident, Department of Orthopaedics, PGIMER, Chandigarh (2015-2018)
- Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics, PGIMER, Chandigarh (2019-2021)
- Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics, GSL Medical College, Rajahmundry (2021-2022)
- Clinical Fellow in Knee Surgery, Sports Medicine and Arthroplasty (CNUH, South Korea-2022)
- Clinical Fellow in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and Sports Medicine (CNUH, South Korea-2022)
- Fellow in Robotic Assisted Knee Arthroplasty (Medicover, Hyd-2022)
Awards and Recognition:
- Awarded Medal in International Best Poster Competition (DOACON, Delhi-2020)
- Awarded MNAMS (National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi-2019)
- Awarded Diploma in Football Medicine (FIFA: Fédération Internationale de Football Association-2020)
- Distinction in Pathology & Microbiology in MBBS (OMC-Hyderabad)
- Achieved All India 24th Rank in PGIMER Entrance Exam (2015) and State 16th rank in MBBS Entrance Exam (AP-2008)
- Kumar D, Sodavarapu P, Aggarwal A, Hooda A, Sajid M. Management and Outcome of a Complex Medial Tibial Plateau Fracture: A Case Report of a Rare Knee Varus Injury Variant. JBJS Case Connect. 2020 Oct 19;10(4):e19.00626. doi:10.2106/JBJS.CC.19.00626.
- Dhatt SS, Kumar V, Neradi D, Sodavarapu P, Meetei TT, Goni V. Need for Testing and Supplementation of Vitamin D3 After Release of COVID-19 Lockdown in Patients with Increased Musculoskeletal Pain. Indian J Orthop. 2021 Mar 6;55(4):1-4. doi: 10.1007/s43465-021-00376-8.
- Verma S, Kumar D, Hooda A, Sodavarapu P, Kumar K, Goni VG. A Prospective Study Evaluating Factors Affecting Functional Outcome in Patients with Floating Elbow Injury. Indian J Orthop. Published online July 1, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s43465-021-00448-9.
- Sodavarapu P, Kumar D, Khan S, Kumar K, Hooda A, Guduru AV. Modified cerclage wiring in comminuted transolecranon fracture-dislocations of the elbow. Int J Burns Trauma. 2021 Dec 15;11(6):456-462.
- Neradi, D., Sodavarapu, P., Jindal, K., Kumar, D., Kumar, V., Goni, V. (2022). Locked Plating Versus Retrograde Intramedullary Nailing for Distal Femur Fractures: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The Archives of Bone and Joint Surgery, 10(2), 141-152. doi: 10.22038/abjs.2021.53515.2656.
- Kumar D, Sodavarapu P, Neradi D, Prabhakar S. Management and outcome of a variant of posadas fracture in an adolescent patient: A case report. Trauma Case Rep. 2019 Nov 26;24:100259. doi:10.1016/j.tcr.2019.100259.
- Jindal K, Neradi D, Sodavarapu P, Kumar D, Shetty A, Goni V. Intramedullary Nailing Versus Plating for Proximal Tibia Fractures: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Indian J Orthop. 2020;55(3):582-594. Published 2020 Nov 21. doi:10.1007/s43465-020-00304-2
- Sodavarapu, P, Sudesh P, Gopinathan NR, Jayashree M, Kumar P, Rangasamy K. Characteristics of Musculoskeletal Involvement in Pediatric Patients with Disseminated Sepsis in a Tertiary Care Center. Indian J Orthop. 2021 Aug 21:1-8. doi:10.1007/s43465-021-00488-1.
- Guduru AV, Keerthi I, Sujir P, Jain MK, Sodavarapu P. Effect of pedicle screw placement into the fractured vertebra in management of unstable thoracolumbar and lumbar fractures. Int J Burns Trauma. 2022;12(4):139-148. Published 2022 Aug 15
- Kumar D, Rathod PM, Hooda A, Sodavarapu P. Flexion compression type of traumatic C7–T1 cervical spondyloptosis without neurological deficit. BMJ Case Reports CP 2020;13:e239388.http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2020-239388