Levipil 500 Tablet is an anti-epileptic drug used to treat epilepsy seizures (fits). It can be used alone or in combination with other medications. It works to avoid seizures as long as you keep taking it. Levipil 500 Tablet works by reducing irregular brain electrical activity. You can take it with or without food, but to get the most value, try to take it at the same time every day. The dosage will be determined by your medical condition and how you respond to the drug. Your doctor will decide the best dosage for you. It's normally prescribed as a long-term treatment. And if you feel good, you can keep taking it for as long as your doctor recommends. If you stop taking your medication or miss a dose, your condition will worsen.
Dizziness, headache, infection, irritation, nasal congestion (stuffy nose), sleepiness, mood changes, violent behavior, and reduced appetite are all common side effects of this medication. During the first few weeks, side effects are more common, but they typically diminish as the body responds to the drug. While the majority of these side effects do not necessitate medical treatment, a few of them can be dangerous. A small number of people taking this drug had suicidal thoughts or attempted suicide. When the behavioral attitude starts to deteriorate, see your doctor.
Levipil tablet is used to treat a variety of epileptic seizures, including partial seizures or focal seizures (which affect a specific area of the brain), myoclonic seizures (which trigger jerky muscle movement), and generalized tonic-clonic seizures (resulting in muscle stiffness and loss of consciousness).
Levipil Side Effects
- Decreased appetite
- Behavioral changes
- Aggressive behavior
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- The Levipil tablet can only be taken during pregnancy if your doctor has recommended it.
- Taking Levipil tablets when breastfeeding is not recommended. If your doctor has prescribed a Levipil tablet, keep an eye on your baby's sleepiness, developmental milestones, and weight gain.
- Drowsiness may occur while taking a Levipil tablet. If you feel drowsiness, dizziness then avoid driving.
- The use of alcohol is prohibited. Avoid drinking alcohol while you take Levipil tablets can cause sleepiness, dizziness, impaired thinking, and concentration problems.
- If you have kidney failure or are seeking treatment for it, speak to your doctor.
- If you have suicidal thoughts or a brain disease, speak to the doctor.
- If you're on hemodialysis or have a history of blood disorders, talk to your doctor.
- If you have any surgical or medical background, or if you're taking any drugs, including herbals and dietary supplements, inform everything to your doctor.
- It can make you feel sleepy or drowsy. If this occurs, do not do the drive or operate any big machinery or do anything that needs safety and alertness.
- Even if you feel better, do not stop taking Levipil 500 Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Levipil 500 Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor, as missed doses can result in seizures.
Here are some safe seizure prevention tips
- Maintain a balanced diet and exercise routine.
- Every day, practice yoga.
- Make sure you get to take enough sleep at night.
- Limit your time spent in front of a computer, such as a phone or a laptop.
- Take all your medications on time.
If you forget to take any of the doses, take it as soon as you remember. If the next dose is coming, skip the forgotten dose. Take the next pill.
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, seek medical advice. Do not take more.
Store levipil far away from light and moisture rather keep it at room temperature. It should be kept out of reach of kids. Unless directed, do not flush or spill drugs down the toilet or into the drainage system. When this has expired or is no longer required, properly dispose it.
Levipil vs Levetiracetam
|Levipil 500 Tablet is an anti-epileptic drug
|Levetiracetam belongs to the anticonvulsant class of drugs.
|Levipil tablet is used to treat a variety of epileptic seizures, including partial seizures or focal seizures
|Seizures are treated with levetiracetam (epilepsy).
|Levipil tablet binds a protein involved in the processing of neurotransmitters, slowing irregular nerve cell activity.
|The use of levetiracetam can help you have fewer seizures.