Dr Surya Prakash Rao V
Consultant Orthopedic & Spine Surgeon
M.S, DNB (Ortho)(BOM), AO Fellow (Germany) Fellow Of Spinal Surgery (GICD, France)
Experience : 25+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
Behind Cyber Towers, In the Lane of IBIS Hotels,
HUDA Techno Enclave, HITEC City, Hyderabad,
Mon - Sat :: 10:00 A.M - 4:00 P.M
About Doctor :
- Spinal Fracture Fixations and Reconstruction
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Robotic guided Spinal Pain Procedures and Injection
- Spinal Cord Tumor Surgery
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Scoliosis correction
- Kyphosis correction
- Minimally invasive spine surgeries
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Failed Back Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
Education Details :
- M.S (Orthopaedics) from Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital (1993-1996)
- DNB (Orthopaedics) from National Board of examinations, New Delhi (1997)
- Dip (Orthopaedics) from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai (1996)
- MBBS from Javaharalal institute of postgraduate medical research and education (JIPMER, Pondicherry) – 1987-1992
Past Experience :
- Senior Registrar, Municipal hospitals, Mumbai (July- 1996 to Jul-1997)
- Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics, NIMS, Hyderabad (Jul-1997 to Jan-2000)
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics, NIMS, Hyderabad (Feb-2000 to Jan-2003)
- Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics, NIMS, Hyderabad (Jan-2003 to July-2007)
- Consultant Spine Surgeon in the Spine Surgery Department, Wockhardt hospitals, Hyderabad (Aug-2007 to Dec-2009)
- Consultant Spine Surgeon in the Spine Surgery Department, Kamineni hospitals, King Koti, Hyderabad (Dec-2009 to July-2015)
- Spine Surgeon in the Spine Surgery Department, Maxcure Hospitals, Hyderabad (Aug-2015 - Present)
Awards & Memberships :
- Dr Surya Prakash was awarded ‘ VIGNESWARUDU GOLD MEDAL’ for the best paper in the State chapter of IOACON in Guntur in October 2005.
- Dr Surya Prakash was awarded Gold Medal for the best paper in the Surgical treatment of Spinal ailments as ISSICON at Delhi in March 2006.
- Dr Surya Prakash is the first orthopaedic surgeon in the state and amongst handful of few spinal surgeons in the country who are awarded the international fellowship of the Scoliosis research society (SRS).
- Received ‘Vaidya Shiromani Award ‘ from Prof Kakarla Subba Rao instituted by Megacity Navakala vedika, Hyderabad (2013).
- Dr Surya Prakash is AO Fellowship at the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology University of Freiburg, Germany with Prof. N.Sudkamp.
- Dr Surya Prakash is a Recipient of ASSI-Depuy Spine Travelling fellowship for the year 2004 and has visited various centers in Delhi and Mumbai in Jan –Feb 2005.
- Dr Surya Prakash is recipient of GICD–Spine fellowship and visited four centers in France in June–July 2005.
- Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome after Kyphosis Correction – Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports 2017 Sep-Oct;7(5):67-70
- Study of Post-operative Pulmonary Function in Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Scoliosis. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 16, Issue 8 Ver. X (Aug. 2017), PP 42-45
- Effect of flexibility and implant density on curve correction in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis- International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2017; 3(3): 746-750. ISSN: 2395-1958 IJOS 2017; 3(3): 746-750
- Evaluation of pulmonary function in adolescent idiopathic thoracic scoliosis. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2017; 3(2): 665-670 ISSN: 2395-1958 IJOS 2017; 3(2)
- Contribution of chapter in GS kulkarnis’s text book of Orthopaedics and trauma – idiopathic scoliosis 2015
- Contribution of chapter on ‘cold abscess in tuberculosis spine’ in ASSI text book “Spinal Infections and Trauma” chapter 20 ,Pages 195-200. 2010
Awards and Recognitions :
- Distinctions in Biochemistry and General surgery
- College level prizes in Poetry and Cricket
- Second prize for best presentation at Midlands Cardiothoracic Meeting Feb 2005.