Dr Harish R Naik
MBBS, MS, M.Ch Neurosurgery
Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon
Experience : 10+ Years
Timings : 11 AM - 4 PM
About Doctor :
- Excellent surgical techniques for all brain tumors, with an emphasis on Microscopic Neurosurgery
- Minimally invasive spine and brain surgeries
- Endoscopic Brain Surgeries for Pituitary gland tumors, Pineal tumours
- Brain Aneurysm clipping
- Intracerebral bleeds and Stroke
- Spine surgeries (Spine Fractures, spinal cord Tumours, Disc prolapse, Spondylosis, Canal stenosis, spine tuberculosis, CV Junction anomalies)
- Pediatric Neurosurgical cases like Brain tumours, tethered cord, hydrocephalus
- Craniotomy for head injuries(Subdural hematoma, Extradural hematoma, Depressed Fractures)
Past Experience :
- M.B.B.S(5 years)-K.I.M.S, Hubli
- M.S. (General Surgery)(3 years)-G.M.C, Nagpur
- M.Ch Neurosurgery(3 years) - Grant Medical College and J.J Hospitals, Mumbai. Trained under Prof. Dr. Vernon Velho and Prof. Dr.D.A.Palande
- Associate Professor in Dept. Of Neurosurgery at J.J hospital, Mumbai
- 2016-2018: Assistant Professor in Dept. of Neurosurgery at J.J Hospital, Mumbai
- February 2018 : Training in Deep Brain Stimulation and Functional Neurosurgery at King’s College and Hospital, London Performed numerous routine and emergency cranial and spinal surgeries, trained post-graduate students in neurosurgical procedures.
- Presented various papers in National and International conferences with more than 20 publications in Indexed Journals Organised Cadaveric Workshops in surgeries of Skull Base, Epilepsy, Endoscopic approaches to skull base, Brachial Plexus
Awards & Achievements :
- Performed more than 2000 brain and spine surgeries
- Best Lecturer award 2019
- Best Neurosurgeon Award -2018
- Unravelling hitherto unreported masses camouflaged as Pituitary Macroadenomas: Asian Journal Of Neurosurgery 2017 Lateral Semi-sitting Position: A Novel method of Patient’s Head positioning in suboccipital retrosigmoid approaches: Asian Journal of Neurosurgery 2018
- Management of Cranial vault Encephaloceles: Asian Journal of Neurosurgery 2017
- Parafalcine Chondrosarcoma: Unusual Localisation for a classical variant.Indian Journal of Neurosurgery.April 2018 Anaplastic astrocytoma and pituitary adenoma in same patient: Neurology of India 2018
- Large intradiploic Growing skull fracture of posterior fossa with syringomyelia:Asian Journal of Neurosurgery, April 2018
- Sciatic Nerve schwannoma: A Rare case, Neurology India 2018 Unusual Case of Midline Middle Skull Base Lymphoma Mimicking as Invasive Pituitary Adenoma. Indian Journal of Neurosurgery. April 2017.
- Multicentric Hemangiopericytoma of Posterior Fossa: A Rare Case and Review of Literature. Indian J Neurosurg. May 2017. DOI Black brain caused by primary intracranial malignant melanoma.Neurol India 2016;64:193-4. Role of Indigo cyanin Green angiography in aneurysm surgery.(Journal of Cerebrovascular surgery 2017) Management Strategies for Growing Skull Fractures: A Single Center Experience Indian J Neurotrauma 2016;13:7–10. DOI: 10.1055/s-0036-1583266.
- Mature cystic teratoma of dorsal spinal cord in adult: An unusual lesion.DOI: 10.4103/1793-5482.1811-2. Anticoagulant induced spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma Indian Journal of Neurosurgery; Vol. 3,Issue 1, January-April ,2014.
- Pediatric intraventricular B-cell lymphoma and malignant meningioma: A report of two rare cases and review of literature. International Journal of Health and Allied Sciences. 2016, Vol 5 ,Issue 3 , 188-191.
- Post ventriculo-peritoneal shunt chronic calcified hematoma or an abscess: A dilemma.Neurol India 2015;63:457-8 Cerebral exophytic glioma : a rare case. (Indian journal of medical research and pharmaceutical sciences dec 2016) Tectal tuberculoma – An unusual cause of Parinaud’s syndrome – Asian J Neurosurg
- Parental evaluation of postoperative outcome of circumcision with Plastibell or conventional dissection by dorsal slit technique: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Pediatric Urology 2013, 9 (5): 675-82.
- Neonatal posterior saggital anorectoplasty for a subset of males with high anorectal malformations.Journal of Indian association of pediatric surgeons 2011,16(4):126-128
- Management Strategies of Cranial Encephaloceles: A Neurosurgical Challenge
Other Information :
- Organised Cadaveric Workshops in surgeries of Skull Base, Epilepsy, Endoscopic approaches to skull base, Brachial Plexus