What is Bird Flu?
- A poultry farmer
- Visiting the infected areas
- Exposed to infected birds
- Eats undercooked poultry or eggs
- Respiratory difficulties
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- White blood cell differential
- Nasopharyngeal culture
- Open-air markets
- Contact with infected birds
- Undercooked poultry
- Consumption of raw eggs
- Organ failure
- Acute respiratory disease
Bird Flu 2021 outbreak
- Avoid consuming any wild birds or domestic birds. Stay away from the excretion or the secretion exposed surface.
- Check if you are having any flu symptoms or if you have been in contact with an infected bird.
- For preventive measures take influenza antiviral drugs or vaccines after consulting with your doctor.
- There is no such evidence on influence transmission reported after consuming well-cooked poultry or dairy products.
How does the bird flu spread?
Does the virus easily spread to humans?
Difference between Seasonal flu, Avian flu and Pandemic Influenza
|This influenza is said to be a highly infectious disease which easily spreads through humans.||This influenza is well known as Bird Flu. It’s a contagious disease which is caused by Influenza A viruses that normally affect birds.||A pandemic occurs when a new virus emerges and starts spreading rapidly. Normally, the virus is easily spread through sneezing and coughing.|
|Important strains of influenza virus are A and B.||The four most strains which can cause concerns in recent years are H5N1, H7N9, H5N6 and H5N8.||An influenza pandemic is a very rare case. Influenza A virus has caused some serious pandemics.|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Bird Flu is also popularly known as Avian Influenza. It’s a viral infection which will not only infect birds but also this can infect humans and other animals. Most of the viruses are restricted to birds. H5N1 is said to be a deadly virus for birds and this can easily affect humans and animals who come in contact with a carrier.
The virus is mostly found in saliva, nasal discharges and feces of infected birds. This virus very rarely spread to humans. People who get infected have got directly in contact with the infected birds, contaminated environments or contaminated food.
H5N1 occurs naturally in wild waterfowl, but this can spread very easily to domestic poultry. This disease is directly transmitted to humans through contact with infected bird feces, nasal secretions and secretions from the mouth or eyes.
It can cause some serious outbreaks and this virus can sicken a bird and can also kill a bird.
The virus spread easily between birds. Some can cause serious illness or death in chickens and ducks. Eating properly cooked food has a very rare chance of getting infected with Bird flu.