What is Shoulder Replacement?
Shoulder replacement surgery removes damaged areas of the shoulder and replaces those parts with artificial parts. The procedure is performed to alleviate discomfort and increase mobility. If you have severe arthritis or a fracture in your shoulder joint, you may require a shoulder replacement. Shoulder joint replacement surgery may be an option if nonsurgical therapy such as drugs and activity adjustments are no longer effective in reducing discomfort. Joint replacement surgery is a safe and efficient way to eliminate pain and get back to your routine.
Cost Of Shoulder Replacement In India
The cost of Shoulder Replacement generally varies on the hospital and the city one chooses. It is a complex surgery and the cost of shoulder replacement in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool and other location may differ depending on the severity of the case, the complications involved, age of the patient and other factors.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Cost Of Shoulder Replacement In India||Rs 4,00,000 and the maximum is Rs 5,00,000|
How To Prepare For Shoulder Replacement
- Your doctor will prescribe a comprehensive physical examination to evaluate if you're healthy enough for surgery.
- A few weeks before the shoulder replacement, the doctor may advise you to stop taking certain medications since they may cause severe bleeding.
- Patients should not eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before their procedure.
- Certain medications can be taken with tiny sips of water, but no other food or drink should be consumed unless the surgeon advises otherwise.
- The procedure takes around two hours, and you can expect to be in the hospital for two or three days after that.
How is Should Replacement done
- Shoulder replacement surgery is typically performed under general or regional anaesthesia.
- The surgeon replaces the injured shoulder joint, known as the humeral head, with a metal ball during surgery.
- A partial shoulder replacement, which replaces only the ball of the joint, is sometimes possible.
- You'll be taken to a recovery room for a few hours after your surgery.
Types of Shoulder Replacement
When non-surgical therapy approaches fail to restore flexibility and relieve discomfort in the shoulder, shoulder replacement is used. Shoulder replacement surgery may enhance your quality of life, whether the injury was caused by an accident, sports, or a fall. Your shoulder injury surgeon may propose several types of shoulder replacement operations depending on the damage caused.
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Partial Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Resurfacing
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and a professional team of orthopaedic surgeons and doctors who perform shoulder replacements with utmost precision.