By Medicover Hospitals / 06 Feb 2021
What is Panadol
Panadol Advance 500 mg Tablets are mild analgesic and antipyretic and are used for the treatment of painful conditions, such as headache including migraine and tension headaches, toothache, back pain, rheumatic and muscular pain, dysmenorrhoea, sore throat, and for the relief of fever, aches, and pains of colds and flu. Also recommended for symptomatic relief of pain due to severe arthritis.
- Panadol Uses
- Panadol Side effects
- Panadol Vs Calpol
- Frequently Asked Questions
This drug is used to treat mild to moderate pain (from headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, back pain, osteoarthritis, or cold/flu aches and pain) and to reduce fever.
- Periods pain
- Joint Pain
- Flu-like symptoms
How to take
- Take the product by mouth as directed. Follow all directions on the package of products. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for further queries.
- There are many acetaminophen brands and forms available. Read the dosing instructions carefully for each medicine, as the amount of acetaminophen might vary for each product. Do not take more acetaminophen than is recommended.
- If you give acetaminophen to a child, be sure to use a product that is intended for children. Use your child's weight to find the right dose for the product package. If you don't know the weight of your child, you can use their age.
- Shake the medication well before each dose for suspensions. Some liquids do not need to be shaken before they are used. Follow all directions on the package of products. Measure the liquid medication with the dose-measuring spoon/dropper/syringe to make sure you have the correct dose. Don't use a household spoon.
- For fast-dissolving tablets, chew or allow to dissolve on the tongue, and swallow with or without water. Chew thoroughly before swallowing for chewable tablets.
- Do not crush or chew tablets with extended-release. Doing so can release all drugs at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split the tablets unless they have a score line and your doctor or pharmacist will tell you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing.
- Dissolve the dose in the recommended amount of water for effervescent tablets, then drink.
- Pain drugs work best if they are used as the first signs of pain. If you wait for symptoms to worsen, the medication may not work as well.
- Do not take this fever medicine for more than 3 days unless directed by your doctor. Do not take this product for more than 10 days (5 days in children) for pain in adults unless directed by your doctor. If the child has a sore throat (especially high fever, headache, or nausea/vomiting), consult your doctor promptly.
- Tell your doctor if your condition persists or gets worse or if you develop new symptoms. If you think you might have a serious medical problem, get medical help right away.
Panadol Side Effects:
- blurred vision
- abdominal pain
- body pain
- stomach pain
- burning sensation
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to acetaminophen or if you have any other allergies before taking acetaminophen. This product may contain inactive ingredients that may cause allergic reactions or other problems. Please talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before using this product, in particular: liver disease, regular use/abuse of alcohol.
- Liquid products, chewable tablets, or dissolving/offering tablets may contain sugar or aspartame. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other condition that requires you to reduce or avoid these substances in your diet. If you have any of those conditions, please visit your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or trying to have a baby do not take this medicine. Ask before taking If you are breastfeeding ask before taking it.
Taking Panadol Tab at high doses may result in serious damage to the liver.
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and stomach aches
If you missed a dose or forgotten to takeaway a dose, take it as soon as you remember it.
Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between the dose and the next dose
If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
Do not store above 25°C. Keep it away from direct heat, direct sunlight.
Panadol Vs Calpol :
|Molar mass 151.165 g·mol−1
||Molar mass: 151.163 g/mol
|Drug class: Analgesics and antipyretics
||Analgesics and antipyretics
|This drug is used to treat mild to moderate pain (from headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, back pain, osteoarthritis, or cold/flu aches and pain) and to reduce fever.
||Calpol Tablet is a medication that is used to relieve body pain and to reduce fever.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Panadol – The name of the brand GlaxoSmithKline 500g of Paracetamol. This 500g of Paracetamol is common across the panadol range and acts as an analgesic (bread relief) and anti-pyretic (decreases temperature). It does not contain anti-inflammatory substances.
The product is a combination of aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine. It is used for temporary relief of pain due to conditions such as muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, or headaches (including migraine). Aspirin and acetaminophen relieve pain by keeping your body from producing certain natural substances.
Panadol Advance 500 mg Tablets are mild analgesic and antipyretic and are used for the treatment of painful conditions, e.g. headache including migraine and tension headaches, toothache, back pain, rheumatic and muscle pain, dysmenorrhoea, sore throat, and for the relief of fever.
In general, acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Panadol) is well tolerated when administered at therapeutic doses. The most commonly reported adverse reactions included nausea, vomiting, constipation. Injection site pain and injection site reactions have been reported with the IV product.
Those we have told that paracetamol use is associated with increased rates of death, heart attack, stomach bleeding, and kidney failure. Paracetamol is known to cause liver failure in overdose, but it also causes liver failure in people taking standard pain relief doses.
Panadol Extra Advance provides up to 37 percent more pain relief compared to standard paracetamol tablets and is mild in the stomach
Ibuprofen, aspirin, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may irritate the stomach lining, so it is best to take them with food or a glass of milk. Paracetamol does not irritate the lining of the stomach, so it doesn't matter if you haven't eaten.
Panadol is a painkiller. It works to stop the messages of pain from getting through to the brain. It also works in the brain to reduce fever. Diphenhydramine hydrochloride is an antihistamine that helps you to sleep.
Paracetamol was associated with increased mortality and a systematic review of heart, kidney, and gastrointestinal problems, especially when used at higher doses and over a longer period of time.
Paracetamol is a common killer of pain (analgesic). It can also lower elevated body temperatures (fever). It is used to relieve fever, headache, arthritis pain, and other minor aches and pains, including cold pain, flu, and period pain.
You can take a dose of paracetamol every 4-6 hours, up to four times a day, if needed. Remember to leave at least four hours between doses and not take more than four doses of paracetamol in any 24-hour period.