What is Panadol?
Panadol Advance 500 mg Tablets are mild analgesic and antipyretic and are used for the treatment of painful conditions, such as headache including migraine and tension headaches, toothache, back pain, rheumatic and muscular pain, dysmenorrhoea, sore throat, and for the relief of fever, aches, and pains of colds and flu. Also recommended for symptomatic relief of pain due to severe arthritis.
This drug is used to treat mild to moderate pain (from headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, back pain, osteoarthritis, or cold/flu aches and pain) and to reduce fever.
- Periods pain
- Joint Pain
- Flu-like symptoms
How to take
- Take the product by mouth as directed. Follow all directions on the package of products. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for further queries.
- There are many acetaminophen brands and forms available. Read the dosing instructions carefully for each medicine, as the amount of acetaminophen might vary for each product. Do not take more acetaminophen than is recommended.
- If you give acetaminophen to a child, be sure to use a product that is intended for children. Use your child's weight to find the right dose for the product package. If you don't know the weight of your child, you can use their age.
- Shake the medication well before each dose for suspensions. Some liquids do not need to be shaken before they are used. Follow all directions on the package of products. Measure the liquid medication with the dose-measuring spoon/dropper/syringe to make sure you have the correct dose. Don't use a household spoon.
- For fast-dissolving tablets, chew or allow to dissolve on the tongue, and swallow with or without water. Chew thoroughly before swallowing for chewable tablets.
- Do not crush or chew tablets with extended-release. Doing so can release all drugs at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split the tablets unless they have a score line and your doctor or pharmacist will tell you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing.
- Dissolve the dose in the recommended amount of water for effervescent tablets, then drink.
- Pain drugs work best if they are used as the first signs of pain. If you wait for symptoms to worsen, the medication may not work as well.
- Do not take this fever medicine for more than 3 days unless directed by your doctor. Do not take this product for more than 10 days (5 days in children) for pain in adults unless directed by your doctor. If the child has a sore throat (especially high fever, headache, or nausea/vomiting), consult your doctor promptly.
- Tell your doctor if your condition persists or gets worse or if you develop new symptoms. If you think you might have a serious medical problem, get medical help right away.
Panadol Side Effects
- blurred vision
- abdominal pain
- body pain
- stomach pain
- burning sensation
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to acetaminophen or if you have any other allergies before taking acetaminophen. This product may contain inactive ingredients that may cause allergic reactions or other problems. Please talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before using this product, in particular: liver disease, regular use/abuse of alcohol.
- Liquid products, chewable tablets, or dissolving/offering tablets may contain sugar or aspartame. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other condition that requires you to reduce or avoid these substances in your diet. If you have any of those conditions, please visit your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or trying to have a baby do not take this medicine. Ask before taking If you are breastfeeding ask before taking it.
- Taking Panadol Tab at high doses may result in serious damage to the liver.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and stomach aches
- If you missed a dose or forgotten to takeaway a dose, take it as soon as you remember it.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between the dose and the next dose
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not store above 25°C. Keep it away from direct heat, direct sunlight.
Panadol Vs Calpol
|Formula C8H9NO2||Formula: C8H9NO2|
|Molar mass 151.165 g·mol−1||Molar mass: 151.163 g/mol|
|Drug class: Analgesics and antipyretics||Analgesics and antipyretics|
|Given orally||Given orally|
|This drug is used to treat mild to moderate pain (from headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, back pain, osteoarthritis, or cold/flu aches and pain) and to reduce fever.||Calpol Tablet is a medication that is used to relieve body pain and to reduce fever.|