What is Domperidone?
Domperidone 10 MG Tablet is an effective anti-emetic used to relieve nausea and vomiting caused by a slow-moving stomach resulting in delayed emptying. It increases intestinal movements and facilitates the emptying of the bowel.
Vomiting and nausea
This medication is used to treat or prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy or digestive system problems.
Disorders of gastric motility
This medication may also be used to treat gastric motility disorders, which occur when the movement of food from the stomach is extremely slow, resulting in delayed emptying. However, due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects, it is not recommended for use in patients suffering from gastrointestinal hemorrhage, mechanical obstruction, or perforation diseases.
Domperidone Side Effects
- Swelling of face
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Difficulty in breathing
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeat
- Disrupted menstrual cycle
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Dry mouth
- Chest pain
- Dizziness and fainting
- Extreme tiredness
- It should be taken before meals, according to your doctor's instructions.
- It can make you dizzy and sleepy. Do not drive or engage in any activity that requires mental focus until you have determined how it affects you.
- When taking Domperidone, avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- As a side effect, dry mouth may occur. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water consumption, and sugarless candy may be beneficial.
- Inform your doctor if you develop watery diarrhea, a fever, or persistent stomach pain.
- Without consulting your doctor, do not take it for more than 7 days.
- Because the safety and efficacy of this medicine have not been clinically established, it is not recommended for use in patients under the age of 12 and weighing less than 35 kg.Due to the risk of adverse effects, this medicine should be used with extreme caution in elderly patients over the age of 65. Based on the medical condition, appropriate dosage adjustments with a suitable alternative may be required.
- This medication should not be used in pregnant women unless the potential benefits outweigh the risks. Because the effect of this medicine on the fetus has not been clearly established, you should consult a doctor before taking it.
- Because of the risk of adverse effects on the infant, this medication is not recommended for use by breastfeeding mothers. Before taking this medication, you should consult with your doctor and weigh the potential benefits and risks.
This medication may interact with a variety of other medications and have serious side effects. As a result, before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should inform your doctor about all of your current medications, including any herbs and supplements.
Because of the increased risk of serious adverse effects, this medicine should be used with caution in patients with a known history of cardiovascular disorders. Based on the clinical condition, close monitoring of heart function and vital signs, appropriate dose adjustments, or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required.
Due to the increased risk of worsening the patient's condition, this medicine should be used with extreme caution in patients with acute or a long-term electrolyte imbalance in the body. While taking this medication, electrolyte levels should be checked on a regular basis. Based on the clinical situation, an alternative treatment option should be considered in some cases.
This medication should be used with caution because it may increase the risk of prolactin imbalance, resulting in disruptions in the menstrual cycle in women. Men who use this medication for an extended period of time may develop breast-like growth.
Dosage and duration uptake
This medication should be used for the shortest intervals of time that is possible. The dosage should be minimum. Self-administration is not recommended for these reasons.
- Every drug interacts differently with each individual. Before beginning any medication, you should discuss all potential interactions with your doctor.
- Because of the increased risk of severe adverse effects, this medication should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. In some cases, based on the clinical condition, close monitoring of kidney function, appropriate dose adjustments, or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required
- Due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects, this medication should be used with extreme caution in patients with mild liver impairment. While taking this medication, your liver function must be closely monitored. Based on the medical condition, appropriate dosage adjustments might be required in some cases. It should not be used in patients with moderate to severe liver impairment.
If you forget to take any dose or by mistake miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is already the time for the next dose, skip the forgotten dose. Take your next medicine dose at the regular time schedule. Do not double the dose.
If someone has taken an overdose of this medicine and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, seek medical advice. Never take more than what is prescribed to you by your doctor.
Store at room temperature only. Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Keep out of the bathroom. Keep all medications out of the reach of kids.
Domperidone vs Metoclopramide
|Domperidone 10 MG Tablet is an effective anti-emetic used for relieving nausea and vomiting||Metoclopramide is a medication that is used to treat stomach and esophageal issues.|
|Domperidone is used in the treatment of, nausea, indigestion, and vomiting.||It is commonly used to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting, to aid in stomach emptying in people with delayed stomach emptying, and to aid in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is also utilized in the treatment of migraine headaches.|
|It acts on the part of the brain that controls vomiting. It also acts on the upper digestive tract to increase stomach and intestine movement, allowing food to pass more easily through the stomach.||Metoclopramide works by inhibiting a naturally occurring substance (dopamine). It hastens stomach emptying and upper intestine movement.|