Dr Sandeep Botcha
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
Experience : 8+ Years
About Doctor :
- Hepatic procedures
- Transjuglar liver biopsy(TJLB)
- HVPG(hepatic vein pressure gradient) measurement
- Preoperative embolisation(TAE)
- TIPSS -Transjuglar Intrahepatic Portosystemic shunt
- Biliary procedures
- Biliary stricture dilatation and stenting
- BRTO( Balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration) for gastric varices management
- Embolisations in emergency (GI/GU/Bronchial)
- Visceral aneurysm management
- Urogenital Interventions :
- Percutaneous nephrostomy
- DJ stenting (antegrade )
- Varicocele embolisation
- Uterine fibroid and post partum hemorrhage embolisation (UAE)
- Venacaval interventions :
- IVC filter placement and retrieval
- IVC Venoplasty and stenting
- Varicose vein procedures :
- Central line placements :
- IJV and PICC Line (peripherally inserted central catheter)
- Peripheral vascular angioplasty and stenting (illiac /SFA)
- Sclerotheraphy for vascular malformations
- Tumour Ablation
- Microwave /RFA for Liver and Lung lesions
- Percutaneous procedures :
- All FNAC /Biopsies/aspirations and drainages (PCD)
- [Special mention to Paediatric related Biopsy /drains ]
Past Experience :
- From August 2014 to May 2016 Assistant professor, Department of Radiodiagnosis, Saveetha medical college, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- From June 2016 to June 2017 Senior resident (Govt service), Department of Radiology, MR Hospital, Vizianagaram, Andhrapradesh, India.
- From September 2017 to August 2018 Fellow in Interventional Radiology Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai, Tamil nadu, India.
- From September 2018 till October 2019, Fellow in Interventional Radiology Dr. Rela Institute and Medical Centre, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- From December 2019 to 2022 September. Freelancing as a consultant (along with Dr. Anil Devara KV - Specialist
neurointerventional radiologist ); providing whole-body IR services in various hospitals across Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram.
Services provided at :
Pradhama multi-specialty hospital, Visakhapatnam Star Pinnacle Hospital, Visakhapatnam
- Paper on “Touch me not lesions from ER” at IRIA meet held in September 2013, Chennai.
- Paper on “Pictorial essay of critical findings in CT imaging of trauma”. IRIA - 66th annual state conference of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry chapter, held December 2013.
- Paper on “Single session Combination Therapy For Large Liver Tumors - Preliminary Experience and Results”. 6th Asian Conference on Tumor Ablation (ACTA) held in Chiayi ,Taiwan on 26th -27th of October 2019.
- Book Chapter :
- Botcha S., Deepashree T. (2019) Role of Radio Imaging in Liver Transplantation. In:
- Shanmugam N., Dhawan A. (eds) Pediatric Liver Intensive Care. Springer, Singapore.
Awards & Recognitions :
- 1st prize in scientific paper presentation on “Touch me not lesions from ER” at IRIA meet held in September 2013, Chennai.