Dr Sameer Vankar
MBBS (KEM hospital, Mumbai), MD (Medicine, PGIMER) Emergency Medicine (AIIMS, New Delhi), DM (Cardiology,KGMU) Gold Medalist
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Experience : 8+ Years
Timings : Monday to Saturday Daily from 10 AM-4 PM
About Doctor :
- Interventional cardiologist
- Uncontrolled and Resistant
- Hypertension Management
- Dyslipidemia ( Abnormal Lipid)Management
- Heart Failure Management
- Arrythmia Management
- 2D Echocardiography
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Preventive Cardiology
Past Experience :
- Consultant interventional cardiologist, Apollo hospital, Secunderabad [since 1st September 2018-April 2023]
- Senior residency in Department of Cardiology, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow [1st August 2015- 31st July 2018]
- Senior residency in Department of Emergency Medicine, JPN Apex Trauma centre, AIIMS, New Delhi [August 2011-August 2014].
- Trained in Basic Emergency & Critical Care Course [BECC]
- Trained in Research methodology & biostatistics
- M.D [Internal Medicine] Junior Residency for 3 year [July 2008- June 2011]
- As Medical officer at primary health centre, Dasgaon, Raigad, Maharashtra [March 2007-March 2008]
- Arranged and Implemented National immunization programme at primary health centre. [March 2007-March 2008]
- Arranged and Implemented Maternal & Child health programmes at primary health centre. [March 2007-March 2008]
- As a medicine intern in KEM hospital, Parel, Mumbai, Cooper Hospital ,Vile Parle, Mumbai, Oshiwara maternity Home, Mumbai. [Feb 2006-Feb 2007]
- Conducted school Health programmes .
- Sameer G. Vankar, Pinaki Dutta, H.S. Kohli & Anil Bhansali. Efficacy & safety of continuous erythropoietin receptor activator (CERA) in treating renal anaemia in diabetic patients with chronic kidney disease not on dialysis.(Indian J Med Res 139, January 2014, pp 112-116)
- Sanjeev Bhoi, Sameer Vankar, Pankaj Verma .High Sensitivity Troponins and Conventional Troponins at the bedside: Review Article (International Journal of Critical Illness and Injury Science | Vol. 4 | Issue 3 | Jul-Sep 2014)
- John Menachery, Yogesh Chawla, Ajay Duseja, Radha K. Dhiman, Naveen Kalra , Sameer Vankar. Retroduodenal Perforation without sphincterotomy: A case report. (Digestive diseases and Sciences, Feb 2011,Vol 56, Issue-2,pp-610-611)
- Sanjeev Bhoi, Sameer Vankar,Pankaj Verma, Chhavi Sawhney, .Does Community Emergency Care Initiative improve the Knowledge and Skill of Healthcare workers and laypersons in Basic Emergency Care in India? J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2016 Jan-Mar; 9(1): 10–16.
- Akshyaya Pradhan, Sameer Ganpat Vankar, Pravesh Vishwakarma, Rishi Sethi.A ping-pong ball in left atrium BMJ Case Rep doi:10.1136/bcr-2017- 221983.
- Akshyaya Pradhan, Sameer Ganpat Vankar, Pravesh Vishwakarma, Rishi Sethi .A snake and a crescent moon in a coronary angiogram BMJ Case Rep. doi:10.1136/bcr-2018- 225830.
- V.S. Narain , Sameer Vankar An Eventful 40 years of Angioplasty-The Incredible progress . Bihar Journal of cardiology April 2018 Vol1, Issue 1.
- Akshyaya Pradhan, Sameer Ganpat Vankar, Pravesh Vishwakarma, Rishi Sethi Double Trouble in Systemic Sclerosis Complete heart block and Systolic dysfunction( Journal of clinical and diagnostic research 2018 Sep, Vol-12(9): OD01-OD02)
- Vankar Sameer, S.K. Dwivedi, Rishi Sethi, Sharad Chandra, Akshyaya Pradhan, Gaurav Choudhary, Pravesh Vishwakarma, Akhil Sharma, Monika Bhandari, V.S.Narain.Assessment of optimal amount of fluid for the management of hypotension and shock in patients with inferior-wall myocardial infarction, complicated by right ventricular infarction.Indian Heart Journal 70:S108DOI: 10.1016/j.ihj.2018.10.325
- Akshyaya Pradhan, Pravesh Vishwakarma, Sameer Vankar, Rishi Sethi “The unpredictable ABSORB” – very late stent thrombosis of bioresorbable vascular scaffold. Heart views: 2019, Vol :20,Issue:2, Chapters/Books
Awards & Recognitions :
- Awarded “ Gold Medal- Best DM Cardiologist” at Cardiocon conference 2019 organised by UPCSI in 2019.
- Awarded “ Gold Medal- Best DM Cardiologist” by Honarable Governor Uttar Pradesh Mr. Ram Nayak at Convocation held at KGMU, Lucknow in 2018.
- Awarded “Best Emergency Physician” at 2014 Annual ED day at JPN Apex trauma centre, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- 8TH MID TERM UPCSI Interventional conference Award for case presentation of structural heart disease- AP window percutaneous closure.
- 2018 UPCSI Conference cardiology quiz- third prize.
- Cardiological Society of India(CSI)
- Member of American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- Member of Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Intervention (SCAI)