Dr Karthik Chandra Vallam
MS, Mch, DNB (TMH Mumbai)
Chief Consultant Surgical Oncologist Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgeon
Experience : 12+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
About Doctor :
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Oncosurgery
- Breast Conservation & Oncoplastic Surgeries
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Lung and Mediastinal Cancers
- Urological Cancers
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Limb Salvage Surgery
Past Experience :
- CONSULTANT SURGICAL ONCOLOGIST at Medicover Cancer Hospital, Visakhapatnam from June 2022 till date
- CONSULTANT SURGICAL ONCOLOGIST at Apollo Cancer Centres, Visakhapatnam from November 2020 to June 2022
- CONSULTANT SURGICAL ONCOLOGIST at Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Visakhapatnam from September 2015 till November 2020.
- SPECIALIST SURGICAL REGISTRAR in Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.(1st August 2014 to 31st July 2015)
- One year experience as REGISTRAR in SURGICAL ONCOLOGY Department at Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research institute, Visakhapatnam May 2010 to May 2011
Awards & Achievements :
- First Robotic surgeon from Andhra Pradesh
- Pioneer in minimal access cancer surgery
- Received travel scholarships from ESMO (European Society of Surgical Oncology) and British Society of Gastroenterology for his award-winning paper presentations.
- Invited as faculty at various international, national and state conferences and has delivered various lectures and surgical video demonstrations in these forums
- Recurrent abdominal wall Dermatofibrosarcomaprotuberans in a child: a challenging reconstruction” – Springer Open Journal 2015
- High nodal positivity rates even in good clinical responders after chemoradiation in rectal cancer – is organ preservation feasible? published in “Colorectal Disease” journal in September 2015
- "Adenocarcinoma of the Rectum-A Composite of Three Different Subtypes with Varying Outcomes?” In journal Clinical Colorectal Cancer in December 2015 “Restaging after neoadjuvantchemoradiation in rectal cancers: is histology the key in patient selection?” in ‘Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology” in January 2016.
- “Utility of pet-ct scan for evaluating raising CEA levels after surgical resection of colorectal cancer” Accepted for publication in the journal “ Colorectal diseases” in April 2017 “Lateral Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection—Are we ready to bridge the gap between the West and the East? – Editorial in Annals of Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgery 2017
- “Cancer of the Pancreas” – first author of book chapter published in “A Text Book of Clinical Oncology in the Indian Context” (Chief editor Dr Suresh Sanchetee)
- Timing of surgery following SARS‐CoV‐2 infection: an international prospective cohort study. CovidSurg Collaborative. Anaesthesia, 76: 748-758. https://doi.org/10.1111/anae.15458
- COVIDSurg Collaborative, GlobalSurg Collaborative. SARS-CoV-2 vaccination modelling for safe surgery to save lives: data from an international prospective cohort study. Br J Surg. 2021 Mar 24:znab101. doi: 10.1093/bjs/znab101. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33761533; PMCID: PMC7995808.
- COVIDSurg Collaborative; GlobalSurg Collaborative. Effects of pre-operative isolation on postoperative pulmonary complications after elective surgery: an international prospective cohort study. Anaesthesia. 2021 Aug 9. doi: 10.1111/anae.15560. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34371522.
- COVIDSurg Collaborative; GlobalSurg Collaborative. SARS-CoV-2 infection and venous thromboembolism after surgery: an international prospective cohort study. Anaesthesia. 2021 Aug 24. doi: 10.1111/anae.15563. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34428858.
- Vallam KC, Alluri V, Voonna M. Early adhesive colonic obstruction post-radical gastrectomy – Do not forget the pancreas. J Med Evid DOI: 10.4103/JME.JME_141_20 (Epub ahead of print)
- Book chapter : “Robotic Radical Hysterectomy” in the book “Robotic Gynecologic Surgery” (Thieme publications – Anupama Bhaskar et al )"