Dr Karimi Prashob Kumar
Consultant Surgical Oncologist
MBBS, MS (General Surgery)
MCh Surgical Oncology
Experience : 7+ Years
Timings : 10AM-4PM
About Doctor :
- Head and neck oncology surgeries
- Surgeries for lip, tongue and buccal mucosa in the form of wide excisions,mandibulectomies, maxilectomies, and neck dissections
- Total thyroidectomy and laryngectomies with TEP.
- Optimal cytoreduction for ovarian malignancies, radical hysterectomy, and pelvic and Para-aortic node dissection for cervix and endometrium as indicated.
- Breast oncology
- Gastrointestinal oncology - gastrectomy, Low anterior resections, and all types of colectomies and small bowel resections.
- Thoracic oncology - transthoracic esophagectomy with gastric pull-up, lobectomies, and pneumonectomies.
- Chest wall resection and reconstruction, mediastinal mass management.
- Genitourinary - penectomies and groin dissection, radical cystectomies, radical and partial nephrectomies with retroperitoneal node dissections. All kinds of testicular malignancies.
- Musculoskeletal sarcomas, benign and malignant bone tumors.
- Procedures for palliation like emergency tracheostomy, palliative GJ, Feeding Jejunostomy, vessel ligations, and skin malignancies management.
Past Experience :
- Senior resident at MNJ Institute of Oncology, Hyderabad. (1 year)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology in Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre 1 yr 3 months
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist in Apollo Visakhapatnam
- Visiting Consultant Apollo Kakinada
- Assistant professor of Surgical Oncology in VIMS Visakhapatnam 1 year
- General Surgery Application of LRINEC Score for Predicting the outcome in necrotizing fasciitis.
- Surgical Oncology Predictive power of different biomarkers in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma for Lymph node metastasis
Achievements & Awards :
- Secured All India 1st rank in JIPMER Super Speciality Entrance Examination 2013
- Best Poster Award 1st prize in Midterm National Conference Bhopal by IASO.
- Third prize in Quiz conducted in APASICON 2011.
- Speaker on Colorectal Malignancies Symposium in Mediciti Medical College, Hyderabad.
- Award in serving poor people by Arimathi Thenagan in Pondicherry