Dr D S K Sahitya
MBBS (CMC Vellore) - Gold Medalist
MD Pediatrics (PGI Chandigarh)
DM Clinical Hematology (AIIMS-Delhi)
Consultant Clinical Hematology & BMT
Experience : 3+ Years
Timings : 10 Am - 5Pm
About Doctor :
- Bone marrow failure syndrome
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Bleeding disorders
- Acute leukemia
- Multiple myeloma
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Aplastic anemia
- Sickle cell anemia
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Thrombotic disorders
- Chronic leukemia
- Sahitya DSK, Jandiyal A, Jain A, et al. Prevention and management of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae in hematopoietic cell transplantation. Therapeutic Advances in Infectious Disease. 2021 JanDec;8:20499361211053480. DOI: 10.1177/20499361211053480. PMID: 34733507; PMCID: PMC8558808.
- Naik RD, Kumar L, Baa AK, Mittal A, Sahitya D, Sahoo RK, et al. Role of Hypomethylating Agents in the Treatment of AML: Retrospective Study at a Tertiary Care Center. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2019 Sep 1;19:S232–3.
- Sahitya DSK, Jain R, Das R, Trehan A. Assessment Of Quality Of Care In Children With Thalassemia Major. Pediatr Hematol Oncol J. 2018;3(3, Supplement):S11–2.
- Varma T, Sahitya D, Dusad S, Agarwal A, Dayal D. Oral prednisolone for management of persistent hypercalcemia after the hypercalcemic crisis in the Williams-Beuren syndrome. Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw Organ Pol Tow Endokrynol Dzieciecych. 2018;24:106–9.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Coauthered article entitled “Hypomethylating Agents in the Treatment of AML: Retrospective Study at a Tertiary Care Center” was presented as a poster at The Society of Hematologic Oncology's Seventh Annual Meeting (SOHO 2019) on September 11-14, 2019. Houston, Texas, USA.
- Coauthored research entitled “Renal Failure In Multiple Myeloma: A Retrospective Study At A Tertiary Care Centre “ was presented at 2nd Annual Conference of IMAGe, ACTREC, Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai 11-12 May 2019
- Conducted research on “Profile of transfusion-dependent thalassemia children in North India” during MD training
- Written a Chapter entitled “Management of shock in children” in an IMPACT protocol textbook.
- Judged as 3rd Best Outgoing MBBS student of my batch from CMC Vellore
- Awarded Gold medal for scoring highest marks in Microbiology during MBBS training