Dr Burhan Salim Siamwala
Consultant Spine Surgeon
MBBS, MS Ortho (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Fellowship in Spine Surgery (AO Spine)
Former Orthopedic Surgeon at AlIMS
Experience : 7+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 7 PM
About Doctor :
- Robotic Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery of Spine
- Computer Navigation in Spine
- Deformities of Pediatric Spine (Scoliosis, EOS, AIS)
- Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty
- Degenerative Cervical Spine (Cervical Myelopathy, Cervical Disc surgeries)
- Degenerative Lumbar Spine (Degenerative Disc surgeries, Spondylolisthesis, Lumbar Canal Stenosis)
- Reconstructive Spine surgeries in Osteoporotic fractures, spinal tumor, and trauma
- Management of TB Spine and other infections of spine.
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Is Pulley Reconstruction Better Than Pulley Release for De Quervain's Tenosynovitis? A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial Burhan Salim, Mohammed Tahir Ansari, Venkatesan Sampath Kumar, Ankur Goyal, Rajesh Malhotra | J Journal of Wrist Surgery 2021 March DOI: 10.1055/s- 0041-1725171
- Retrospective Diagnosis of Ankylosing Spondylitis after Spinal Fractures: A Review of 3 Cases and Clinical Implication. Farooque K, Kar S, Siamwala BS, Sharma V | Case Rep Orthop Res 2021;4:173-179.DOI: 10.1159/000516132
- Early Experiences in the Management of Traumatic Spinal Injuries at a Level 1 Trauma Center in India During the COVID-19 Pandemic.Farooque KM, Nayak TR, Siamwala BS, Aryal A | Indian Spine J 2021 DOI:10.4103/isj.isj_9_21
- Epidemiological Insights from 1,652 Patients with Spinal Tuberculosis Managed at a Single Center: A Retrospective Review of 5-Year Data. Garg, B., Mehta, N.,Mukherjee, R.N., Swamy, A.M., Siamwala, B.S. and Malik, G., 2021Asian Spine Journal.
Awards & Recognitions :
- Presented Research Paper titled Neurofibromatosis with Kyphoscoliosis: A retrospective case series in 35th ASSICON 2022, Patna
- Completed 2021 Spring Online Evidence-Based Medicine Training Program conducted by NASS
- Attended AO Trauma Blended Course- Basic Principles of Fracture Management from 9th to 10th October 2021
- Poster presentations in The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology in 20th EFORT Congress in Lisbon, Portugal from 05 to 07 June 2019
- Runner up of PG Quiz at Delhi Orthopaedics Association in MIDCON 2019.
- Achieved All India Rank – 20 in AIIMS Post-Graduate Entrance Exam November 2016
- Runner up of a zonal round of State Pharmacology Quiz at Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune
- Member of the following societies:
- AO Spine
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI)
- Delhi Orthopedic Association (DOA)
- I was suffering from scoliosis and went through an operation in AIIMS. I can't express my gratitude towards Dr. Burhan Salim.He answered all my relevant and mostly irrelevant queries without grumbling.
- Though the process of recovering was difficult but under his care and guidance it went smoothly.
- Even today I am in contact with him, and he answers all my queries even if he is busy. He is very kind, empathetic and encouraging.I will always be grateful to him – Eva Maan