Dr A Sharath Reddy
MD, DM, FSCAI, FACC, FAHA
Director - CTO & Complex Coronary Interventions
Director - TAVR & Structural Heart Diseases
Director - CATH Lab, Medicover Hospitals
Sr. Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Experience : 18+ Years
Timings : Mon - Fri (9 AM - 5 PM)
About Doctor :
- CTO and Complex Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- CHIP PCI
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (Tavr)
- Imaging-guided Intervention
- Complex Coronary Interventions
- Complex Angioplasty
- Specialist in valve replacement without major surgery
Awards & Achievements :
- Dr Sharath has proctored cases pan-India, including KIMS, Kerala; Raipur; Guwahati; Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore; Army Hospital RR, Delhi; Jaipur; Vijayawada; Vizag
- He was awarded Gold Medal for best presentation (2010) by AP Chapter of Cardiological Society of India (APCSI) for his pioneering work on Device Closure of Complex ASDs’.
- He is also the recipient of Sri Anumolu Sheshagiri Rao Memorial Gold Medal (2009) for best outgoing post graduate in cardiology from NTR University of Health Sciences, awarded by His Excellency, the Governor of AP.
Education Details :
- MBBS - Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences Andhra Pradesh, 2002
- DM - Cardiology - Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, 2009
Past Experience :
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Star Hospitals, Hyderabad, Telangana (2009-2010)
- Director, Cardiac Cathlab, Sunshine Heart Institute, Hyderabad, Telangana, India (2010-2015)
- Director, Cardiac Cath Lab, Executive Director, Director Tavr & Structural Heart Disease, Medicover Hospitals, Hyderabad, India (2015- Present)
- Dr Sharath Reddy has authored a book- ‘Decoding CTO: Case-based discussions’- about the complex cardiac interventions, which is aimed at being helpful for the beginners and the experienced operators alike.
- He has fellowships in various international cardiac societies, including American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and European Society of Cardiology.
- Knuckle Wire Technique in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Asiaintervention, 2020
- Left-Sided Ablation for Atrioventricular Nodal Re-entrant Tachycardia: Frequency, Characteristics and Outcomes. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal, 2021
- Fluoroscopic Notching of Left Atrial Disc – a Sign of Prolapse. Journal of Cardiology and Therapeutics. 2014
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Gene Polymorphism, Ace Journal.
- Retrograde Angioplasty for Stumpless Ostial Right Coronary Artery Chronic Total Occlusion