As with any other surgical procedure, bleeding and infection at the surgical site are possible. Other risks of lumpectomy can include:
- Pain or tenderness in the breast.
- Swelling of the breast due to collection of fluid(seroma).
- Hard scar tissue at the surgical site.
- Alteration in the shape of the breast.
- Breast numbness following a lumpectomy due to nerve damage.
- If axillary lymph nodes are also removed, lymphedema may occur.
Lumpectomy Care at Medicover
Medicover Hospitals is a renowned hospital offering advanced treatment and care for all types of cancers. The surgical oncologists working at the hospital have the experience of performing rare and critical surgeries. The hospital is equipped with top-notch infrastructure, cutting edge technology and the best cancer specialists to ensure the best treatment outcomes. Affordability clubbed with an open patient centric environment has made us one of the most revered hospitals in the country.