What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a disease in which the breast cells multiply abnormally. There are many types of breast cancers which are classified based on the type of breast cells that turn cancerous. It can occur anywhere in the breast, although most tumours grow in the ducts or lobules and spread from the breast to other body regions through the blood and lymphatic systems. When breast cancer cells spread to other body parts, it is called metastasis or metastatic breast cancer.
Cost of Breast Cancer Treatment
The cost of breast cancer depends on many factors like the stage of cancer, the severity of the case, age of the patient, and how the patient responds to the treatment. It also depends on the hospital and the city you choose. The cost of breast cancer treatment in Mumbai, Nashik, and Hyderabad may differ. However, the average cost of breast cancer treatment in India is Rs 700000. The minimum price of breast cancer treatment in Hyderabad is Rs 1,50,000 and the maximum is Rs 3,60,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 3,60,000|
How Is Breast Cancer Diagnosed?
A doctor commonly detects breast cancer by routine screening or when a person reports symptoms. The tests and procedures described below will assist the doctor in making and confirming the diagnosis.
- The doctor will conduct a breast exam, including looking for lumps and other signs of cancer.
- The doctor will do a breast ultrasound, which uses sound waves to create images of places within the breast called sonograms.
- Diagnostic mammography may be recommended if you have lumps or an abnormal breast region on a screening mammogram.
- A biopsy is performed by extracting tissue or fluid from the breast by the doctor—several biopsies (fine-needle aspiration, core biopsy, or open biopsy).
How is Breast Cancer Treated?
Breast cancer can be treated in many ways. It is dependent on the stage of breast cancer and the extent to which it has spread. Breast cancer patients frequently receive many treatments. Following are the treatment methods an oncologist can opt for:
- Surgery in which a surgical oncologist removes the cancerous tissue in the breast.
- Chemotherapy in which specific medicine is administered to shrink or destroy the cancer cells. The meds can be taken as tablets, injected into your veins, or both.
- Hormonal treatment which prevents cancer cells from gaining access to the hormones they need to develop.
- Biological therapy which works with your immune system to aid in the fight against cancer cells or to reduce the adverse effects of other cancer therapies.
- High-energy rays (similar to X-rays) which destroy cancer cells in radiation treatment.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and a professional team of oncologists and radiologists who perform breast cancer procedures and treatment with utmost precision.