Make an appointment just in few minutes - Call Us Now
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is an endocrinologist?
An endocrinologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the endocrine system (the glands and organs that produce hormones). These are the glands in the body that produce hormones, such as the adrenal glands, thyroid glands and pituitary glands.
2. What conditions does an endocrinologist treat?
An endocrinologist treat the following conditions -
- Diabetes and metabolic conditions
- Endocrine cancers and tumors
- Thyroid problems
- Metabolic abnormalities
- Growth disorders
- Sexual function and reproduction
- Calcium and bone related problems
3. What is the most common disease treated by an endocrinologist?
Diabetes mellitus is the most common disease managed by an endocrinologist.
4. When should you consult with an endocrinologist?
Your doctor will manage and treat simple thyroid disorders or other diabetes issues with medications. However, if your body exhibits major anomalies, such as tumors or an enlarged thyroid gland (goitre), or unexplained weight fluctuations, the doctor would most likely refer you to an endocrinologist.