What is Dandruff?
- Irregular Brushing and hair washing
- Not using shampoo constantly
- Stress and any kind of mental illness
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Dry, flaky skin which gets worse in cold weather.
- Dry skin on face, forehead, ears, and eyebrows.
- Flaky skin on the chest or other parts of the body that have hair.
- Greasy or oily areas of skin on the scalp or some other parts of the body.
- Mild redness in the affected area.
- Temporary hair loss.
- Add apple cider vinegar to water
- After washing your hair, apply the mixture to your wet hair
- Gently massage your hair after mixing it
- Leave it to dry for 15 mins and wash it off.
- Mix mehndi with curd and add a little bit of lemon juice
- Once the mixture is form keep the mixture for at least 8 hours
- After 8 hours it can be directly applied to the hair
- Dry the mehndi for 2 hours and wash it properly
Coconut Oil With Lemon
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it equally with the mixture of lemon juice
- Apply it on the scalp and massage your hair gently
- Leave for 20 minutes and rinse it off with shampoo
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight.
- In the morning blend it into a paste and add little lemon juice to the paste and mix it well
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash your hair with shampoo
Myths and Facts
- Dandruff always comes from having a dry scalp
- Oil treatment can make clear up dandruff
- Before shampoo removing, flakes will help out
- A person must wash their hair very often if they are having dandruff
- No need of exfoliating your scalp
- Dandruff is worse in summer
- Dandruff is a very common medical condition that almost all people have experienced at some point in their lives, regardless of age or ethnicity.
- Dandruff will affect the hair-bearing area or area with small hair follicles.
- Dandruff is seen in all ages from a baby to an elderly person.
- Dandruff looks like dry and fine flaky skin on the scalp.
- A person must rinse his hair 3 times a week to get rid of dandruff
- Winter temperature extremes can be a combination of cold weather and overstressed rooms.
- Inappropriate hair brushing, as brushing helps to dead skin cells
- Stress Relieve
- Age, as psoriasis is more likely to take place between adolescence and mid-life
- Hormonal factors as this is the most common factor found in male
Frequently Asked Questions:
Dandruff is caused when a type of fungus called Malassezia begins to grow on the scalp. However, this can result in scalp damage and can cause some severe dryness. There is a different type of dandruff wherein the scalp begins to produce more oil and as a result, dandruff appears to be more sticky and oily on the hair.
If dandruff and itching are prolonged or if the condition worsens, it might be a good idea to see a doctor. They can understand the core problem that will respond to a particular diagnosis. Numerous over-the-counter products will help handle flaking and itchiness in the case of mild dandruff without a specific cause.
Choose anti-dandruff shampoo which contains zinc pyrithione. This will work as an antibacterial and antifungal agent.