What is Thyroidectomy?
Thyroidectomy is a surgical procedure done for removing a part or whole of the thyroid gland. The presence of nodules or malignancies in the thyroid gland usually necessitates thyroid surgery. Although the majority of tumours are benign, a minority are malignant or precancerous.
When benign nodules become large enough to block the neck and cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, a thyroidectomy is performed (Hyperthyroidism). Furthermore, if the thyroid glands expand or enlarge, it causes Goiter, which obstructs the throat and makes it difficult to speak, breathe, or eat. In that case, also, thyroid surgery is done.
Thyroidectomy cost in India
The cost for thyroidectomy in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool or other locations may differ. It can be different according to the city or hospital you choose as well as depending on the severity of the condition, patient’s age and complications involved.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Thyroidectomy cost in India||Rs 1,10,000 to Rs 1,30,000.|
How To Prepare For thyroidectomy?
- Your doctor will examine the affected area physically.
- Complete diagnostic evaluations as directed by your doctor.
- If you have allergies, tell your doctor about your medical history and current drugs.
- After all of the necessary procedures have been completed, your physician will discuss the best outcome for you.
- If you have hyperthyroidism, you may be prescribed medications such as potassium and potassium solution to help regulate your thyroid activity and reduce the risk of bleeding.
- You may be asked to cease taking certain medications, such as blood thinners and herbal nutritional supplements if you have been using them.
- During surgery, make sure you don't wear any jewellery, make-up, or contact lenses.
- Pre-operative medications should be as safe as possible.