What is Thyroidectomy?
Thyroidectomy is a surgical procedure done for removing a part or whole of the thyroid gland. The presence of nodules or malignancies in the thyroid gland usually necessitates thyroid surgery. Although the majority of tumours are benign, a minority are malignant or precancerous.
When benign nodules become large enough to block the neck and cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, a thyroidectomy is performed (Hyperthyroidism). Furthermore, if the thyroid glands expand or enlarge, it causes Goiter, which obstructs the throat and makes it difficult to speak, breathe, or eat. In that case, also, thyroid surgery is done.
Thyroidectomy cost in India
The cost for thyroidectomy in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool or other locations may differ. It can be different according to the city or hospital you choose as well as depending on the severity of the condition, patient’s age and complications involved.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Thyroidectomy cost in India||Rs 1,10,000 to Rs 1,30,000.|
How To Prepare For thyroidectomy?
- Your doctor will examine the affected area physically.
- Complete diagnostic evaluations as directed by your doctor.
- If you have allergies, tell your doctor about your medical history and current drugs.
- After all of the necessary procedures have been completed, your physician will discuss the best outcome for you.
- If you have hyperthyroidism, you may be prescribed medications such as potassium and potassium solution to help regulate your thyroid activity and reduce the risk of bleeding.
- You may be asked to cease taking certain medications, such as blood thinners and herbal nutritional supplements if you have been using them.
- During surgery, make sure you don't wear any jewellery, make-up, or contact lenses.
- Pre-operative medications should be as safe as possible.
Types of Thyroidectomy
There are three types of thyroidectomy:
When a nodule is inflamed or inflated in only half of the gland, only one of the two lobes is removed, with the remaining lobe continuing to function normally.
Part of the thyroid gland is removed as a result of hypothyroidism (when the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones), and the rest of the thyroid gland can then function normally again.
Total removal of the thyroid gland due to malignancy or because the entire gland is enlarged or inflamed, necessitating daily medication to replace the thyroid gland's operation via hormone replacement.
Who is eligible for Thyroidectomy?
Thyroidectomy is recommended for children, young women, pregnant women, and individuals with coexisting thyroid nodules. It's also the treatment of choice for Graves' ophthalmopathy sufferers. Before a thyroidectomy, patients should be rendered euthyroid.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have advanced technologies and experienced endocrinologists to perform thyroidectomy surgery.