What is Echocardiography?
Echocardiography, echocardiogram or simply an echo examines the functional ability of your heart's chambers and valves. It is an ultrasound of the heart and checks blood pumping through the heart. An echocardiogram uses standard ultrasound or Doppler ultrasound to diagnose heart problems.
Echocardiography Cost in India
The cost of echocardiography in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool or other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose.
|Echocardiography Cost in India||Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 3,500|
How To Prepare For Echocardiography?
- No special preparations are necessary for an echocardiogram. You are free to eat, drink, and take medicines as you usually do.
- You are free to wear whatever you choose. You have to change into a hospital gown before the echo test. Leave all your valuables at home.
How is Echocardiography Done?
- Before the echo test, the healthcare provider will explain the diagnostic procedure in detail.
- A cardiac sonographer will keep three electrodes (small, circular, flat, sticky patches) on your chest. The electrodes are attached to an electrocardiogram machine that records your heart's electrical activity during the test.
- Next, the sonographer will apply a thick gel to your chest. The gel may cause a cold sensation, but it will not cause any harm to your skin. Then the technician will move a transducer on your chest to send and receive the sound waves. The gel helps to show clear pictures.
- The transducer will be placed on the left side of your chest. At times, you may be instructed to hold your breath. An echo examination can take up to 45 minutes to complete. You can relax during the diagnostic procedure as there will be no pain or discomfort during the test.
Who Is The Right Candidate For Echocardiography?
You may be advised echocardiography to examine the following health conditions -
- Check for any abnormal functions related to the valves or chambers of your heart.
- Check for any heart problems that are causing shortness of breath or chest pain.
- Observe any congenital heart defects before birth (fetal echocardiogram).
At Medicover, we have the best team of cardiologists and heart specialists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and international standards of treatment under one roof. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced cardiologists and heart consultants who perform cardiology procedures delivering highly successful outcomes.