What Is Brain Surgery?
The term "brain surgery" refers to the various surgeries done to correct structural or medical problems with the brain. Tumours, blood clots, aneurysms, epilepsy, and Parkinson's disease are all treatable with this procedure. Brain surgery is a delicate and challenging procedure. The type of brain surgery performed is very dependent on the problem being treated, and a neurosurgeon performs it. A dedicated neuroanesthesiologist with significant medical experience in anaesthesia for the brain and spinal procedures is needed, along with experienced neurosurgeons, to conduct brain surgeries.
Cost of Brain Surgery In India
The cost of a brain surgery generally varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The price of brain surgery in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Nashik can differ due to various factors. However, the minimum cost of brain surgery in Hyderabad is Rs 2,75,000, and the maximum is Rs. 475,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs 2,75,000, and the maximum is Rs. 475,000.|
How to Prepare For Brain Surgery?
- Brain surgery requires careful preparation, and the doctor will give detailed instructions in advance.
- Your doctor can order a physical examination, blood tests, and imaging tests such as MRIs, CT scans, PET scans, and angiography.
- Any medications you're taking, including over-the-counter and nutritional supplements, should be disclosed to your doctor.
- You'll likely have to stop taking these drugs a few days before the surgery.
- If you've had any operations before this or allergies, or if you've consumed alcohol, tell your doctor.
What Are the Conditions that Require Brain Surgery?
The main types of brain conditions that may require brain surgery include:
- Presence of a brain tumor
- Brain aneurysm
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Brain abscesses
- Damage to the protective tissue (dura) covering the brain
- Brain diseases that require the implantation of an electronic device
- Post-injury or stroke pressure in the brain
- Nerve damage or irritation
- Skull fracture
What Are The Types of Brain Surgery?
There are many different types of brain surgeries, and any one of them is chosen according to the situation or condition of the patient. The following are the most common types:
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery
- Deep brain stimulation
- Laser ablation
- Posterior fossa decompression.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopy
- Thrombectomy and cerebral aneurysm repair
At Medicover, we have the best team of Neurologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced Neurosurgeons to perform brain surgery procedures.