Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to recover from a blepharoplasty?
Once you undergo blepharoplasty, you can expect to spend approximately seven to fourteen days resting and recovering.
2. What is the ideal age for blepharoplasty?
When you reach the age of 30, your eyelids begin to droop. Although younger people can also have blepharoplasty. However, most doctors recommend that the patient should be at least 18 years old to undergo the procedure.
3. Who should avoid blepharoplasty?
People who have chronic dry eyes, hypertension, circulation disorders, thyroid disorders, diabetes, or heart disease are not good candidates for eyelid surgery.
4. What are the side effects of blepharoplasty?
Common but temporary side effects after blepharoplasty include light sensitivity, double vision, watery eyes, bruising, inflammation, and discomfort. You may also experience blurred vision due to the lubricating drops you are given.
5. Can I wear glasses after blepharoplasty?
Yes. You can wear eyeglasses.
6. Can I get eyelid surgery after cataract surgery?
Eyelid surgery should be performed at least 3-6 months after cataract surgery.
7. Why can’t I exercise after eyelid surgery?
Working out during the recovery period is not advised because it can put pressure on your incision sites, causing bruising, swelling, and the development of seroma. Working out too soon after eyelid surgery can interfere with the healing process and lead to serious complications.
8. Which foods to avoid after blepharoplasty?
Pickled foods should be avoided because they contain bacteria that causes surgical wounds to be inflamed and infected.
Avoids eating eggs as well as seafood after surgery.
9. How long after blepharoplasty will I look normal?
Ideally, the appearance of your eyes should improve in 1 to 3 months.
10. Can I drink coffee after blepharoplasty?
For the first few days after surgery, drink plenty of fluids such as water and fresh juices. Caffeine, carbonated drinks and alcohol should not be consumed for the first week after surgery.
11. How long is vision blurry after eyelid surgery?
For a little time after surgery, your vision may be blurry. After two or three days, it usually returns to normal. It takes two to four weeks to fully recover. You may experience some bruising around your eyes during this time.
12. What is the cost of the blepharoplasty procedure?
The cost of blepharoplasty surgery may vary depending on the type of hospital and the city you choose. Generally the cost of blepharoplasty in India ranges from INR. 80,000 to 2,00,000.