How To Prevent Nose Bleeds In Summers
Nose bleeding in Summer? Here are the reasons for the bleeding nose and few tips to prevent nose bleeds
Are recurring Nosebleeds spoiling your summer vacations? Don’t worry, today you can get some tips which help you to prevent nose bleeds and tips from dealing with them. Nosebleeds occur for many reasons and they indicate a serious medical condition. But they are more common during summers. The hot and dry air during summers can rupture the tiny blood vessels in the nose. This results in nosebleeds and makes people panic.
Symptoms of Nerve Pain
With some preventive majors, nose bleeds can be avoided. Follow these tips to prevent nose bleeds in summer:
- Avoid going out in the hot weather. If you can’t, cover your head with a cap and cover your nose with a folded kerchief or cotton cloth which helps to avoid hot air coming in.
- Placing air conditioners and air coolers in the room maintain some humidity in the air and help to prevent the nose from becoming dry.
- Avoid blowing your nose hard when it is blocked due to cold.
- Alcohol, smoking, and hot beverages increase the blood cells in the lining of your nose, so avoid them.
- The blood clots inside the nose once the bleeding has stopped. It is preferable to clean the nose with a wet paper towel or when it is wet.
First Aid for Nose Bleeding
When one of the veins in the nose's covering ruptures, it causes a nosebleed. Contamination, injury, hypersensitivity response, nose picking, or an object being shoved into the nostril can all induce nosebleeds. Epistaxis is another name for nosebleeds.
Bleeding from the nose is common in youngsters and is usually not a cause for concern. If your nosebleeds are severe, frequent, or delayed, see a doctor.
Here are some first aid treatments which assist in stopping Nose Bleeding
- Lean forward when sitting upright. The pulse in the veins of your nose is reduced by staying upright. This depresses the death process even more. Sitting ahead of time allows you to avoid gulping blood, which can cause stomach problems.
- Make a squeezing motion with your nose. Squeeze your nostrils shut with your thumb and index finger. Take a deep breath in through your mouth. Squeeze for another 10 to 15 minutes. Squeezing directs weight to the draining point on the nasal septum, which blocks the flow of blood on a regular basis.
- If the bleeding continues after 10 to 15 minutes, continue to hold weight for another 10 to 15 minutes. Keep your gaze away from your nose. If the bleeding persists, seek immediate medical attention.
- Don't pick or wipe your nose, and don't twist down for a few hours after the bleeding scene to avoid re-bleeding. During this moment, make sure your head is higher than your heart's dimension. You can also use a cotton swab or your finger to gently apply petroleum jelly to the inside of your nose.
- If you experience re-bleeding, blowhard to dislodge the blood clumps from your nose. After that, use a decongestant nasal spray containing oxymetazoline to spray both sides of your nose (Afrin). Squeeze your nose once more as shown above, then go to your doctor.
Seek Immediate Medical Help If:
- Bleeding from the nose that does not stop after 30 minutes.
- Bleeding from the front of your nose that is really heavy.
- Bleeding that is accompanied by other symptoms such as extremely high blood pressure, dizziness, chest pain, and/or a rapid heart rate.
- Bleeding that occurs three to four times each week or more than once a month.
7 Steps to Stop a Bleeding Nose
|1.||Keep calm||Bleeding noses can be scary, but they are rarely dangerous.|
|2.||Lean Forward||If there is blood in your mouth, spit it out; do not swallow it.|
|3.||Stay Upright||Avoid lying flat or leaning your head back. You may choke on blood as a result of this. Blood in the stomach might make you feel nauseous and make you puke.|
|4.||Skip foreign objects||Tissues or other household products, such as tampons, should not be used to stuff the nose. This may aggravate the bleeding.|
|5.||Use a pinch||Pinch the soft section of your nose shut for 10 minutes. It's easier to keep track of time if you use a clock. Check to see if your nose has stopped bleeding after a few minutes. If the bleeding persists, dip a cotton ball in the nose spray. Pinch the bleeding nostril with the cotton ball for 10 minutes (use the clock to track the time).|
|6.||Check your blood pressure||High blood pressure may cause nosebleeds.|
|7.||Avoid exertion||A nosebleed can take up to two weeks to heal completely. Lifting anything heavy, such as shopping, or engaging in physical activity or home duties should be avoided.|
Home Remedies For Nose Bleeding
We can’t change the season, but few remedies can help you to deal with nose bleeds. The remedies include:
- Ice reduces the inflammation of the blood vessels and the numbing sensation can give relief. So try to hold an ice cube during nose bleeds.
- Vitamin C helps to clot the blood faster. Though it might not help during nose bleeds, taking foods that are rich in vitamin C keep blood vessels strong and prevent nose bleeds.
- Inhale steam to prevent nose bleeding. The steam helps to moist the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry and hence avoids nose bleeding.
- When your nose starts to bleed, elevate your head and try not to bend until the bleeding stops. This posture helps to quickly stop the nose bleeding.
- During summers, make whole-wheat bread as a part of your daily diet. The high amounts of Zinc in it protect the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink plenty of fluids and water in summers to stay hydrated, to prevent the nose from drying out.
- As dry nasal cavity damages the blood vessels and makes them bleed, try to keep your nostril moist by applying moisturizing cream which is recommended by doctors.
- Bioflavonoids help to stop nose bleeding. As citrus fruits contain bioflavonoids, consume a citrus fruit once in a day.
Medicover Hospitals ENT Department
Medicover Division of ENT is geared to provide the best possible patient care services with cutting edge technology and the best team of doctors. The team of ENT specialists has produced excellent results for some of the most difficult speech and swallowing conditions.
The team begins with performing comprehensive diagnostic assessments to understand the cause and level of all ENT problems. Apart from the common screenings (hearing tests), we offer many other ENT diagnostic tests and surgeries.
Book an appointment with our Best ENT Doctors