Bharat Nutrition Week, 2022
Our overall health depends significantly on what we eat, which is why healthy eating is more important.
To increase awareness about healthy eating, Bharat Nutrition Week is celebrated in India from September 1st to 7th.
Bharat Nutrition Week is also known as National Nutrition Week. The theme of National Nutrition Week 2022 is 'Celebrate a World of Flavours.'
Government promotes it by launching various campaigns and engaging in various health-related activities. This program aims to increase public awareness about the importance of good nutrition.
It's high time we pay attention to what we eat, keeping in mind the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, monkeypox and other infections in India and globally.
National Nutrition Week is significant because it is a week when more people learn about healthy eating. The government and other organizations sponsor various contests and programs for kids and adults to spread awareness of the importance of quality food and healthy living.
A long-term strategy for maintaining a fit body is to eat a balanced diet. It can aid in preventing numerous chronic illnesses and enhance the quality of life for those who suffer from non-communicable diseases like diabetes. However, as people age, their nutritional needs also alter. Therefore, paying attention to the foods that suit the age is essential.
Weak immune systems possess a higher risk of encountering recurring infections and severe symptoms. Therefore, to build strong immunity, consume a nutritious diet, including whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. A healthy plate must include foods high in carbohydrates, fiber, fats, proteins, minerals, and vitamins.
Malnutrition is one of the paramount issues in India. Malnutrition occurs primarily due to a lack of iron, iodine, zinc, vitamin A, and folic acid. Many children lack access to enough food, resulting in their undernutrition.
On the other hand, the number of obese people in the country is rising. Even though people are obese, they are still considered to be undernourished. Junk and other sugary foods make up their diets, which leads to obesity resulting in many other health problems.
Bharat Nutrition Week 2022
Bharat Nutrition Week 2022 is India's biggest Good Food and Nutrition celebration from 1 – 7 September 2022. Its highlights include:
- A long live web-based series of nutrition events based on India's milestones for health are available throughout the week.
- Many web-based live interactions with Multi Stakeholders, including various speakers & experts.
- The presence of relevant ministries, government, and private organizations, global and national level health and good food organizations, policymakers, corporate and social organizations, top nutrition, good food and diet experts, and doctors on a live web interaction with specific audiences.
- This nutrition week gives an insight into the government schemes, complete healthy dietary practices, and awareness of women & child nutrition.
- We can also be a part of this celebration by participating in activities like Bharat Poshan Premier Quiz, Good Food Talk Show and Healthy Khayega India.
This Bharat Nutrition Week 2022 will promote awareness about healthy living and motivate people to eat a nutritious diet to stay fit and fine in the long run.