What Is Ureteroscopy?
Ureteroscopy (URS) is an investigative procedure for the upper urinary tract. A ureteroscope (a flexible telescope) is passed through the urethra and the bladder and then directly into the ureter. This procedure helps diagnose and cure many problems in the urinary tract, such as kidney stones and urothelial carcinoma of the upper urinary tract.
Ureteroscopy Cost In India
The cost of ureteroscopy in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool or other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. It also depends on why the procedure is being done. Generally, the cost of ureteroscopy in India is between Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. The cost of ureteroscopy in Hyderabad ranges from Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 1,00,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 1,00,000.|
How To Prepare For Ureteroscopy?
- You have to undergo surgical tests for the ureteroscopy procedure.
- Before the operation, inform your doctor of the following things, such as -
- If you’re on any medications or taking any supplements.
- Do you have any allergies - mainly to antibiotics?
- You have to sign a consent form, giving your consent for the operation.
- Your doctor will give you instructions regarding the ureteroscopy procedure. You will be fasting for a few hours before the surgery.
- Leave your jewellery and other valuables at home. Other foreign items like contact lenses, dentures, etc. must also be removed.
- Your pubic hair will be shaved in the hospital itself, and an enema or other drugs will be given to clear your bowels before the surgery.
How is Ureteroscopy Done?
- An anaesthetist will inject general anaesthesia once you are in the operation theatre.
- Once you are in a deep sleep, your urologist will insert a ureteroscope into your urethra.
- A sterile solution is released into the bladder to see it more clearly. The ureteroscope is moved to the ureter or kidney depending upon the purpose of the procedure.
- It can be used to remove kidney stones, collect biopsy tissue samples, etc.
- The duration of the URS usually lasts from one to three hours.
What Are The Advantages Of Ureteroscopy?
- Ureteroscopy can break or remove stones present at any position in the ureter and kidney.
- Ureteroscopy treats stones that cannot be observed on x-rays.
- A few patients who cannot be operated on with PERC or ESWL, like those who cannot safely stop taking blood thinners drugs, pregnant women, and highly overweight individuals, can be cured by ureteroscopy.
At Medicover, we have the best team of urologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technology and experienced urologists who perform ureteroscopy procedures.