What is Surgical Sperm Retrieval?
Sperm retrieval is a technique for obtaining sperm for fertility. Azoospermia is a condition in which there is no sperm in ejaculation. It can be caused by a blockage of the genital ducts (as in the event of a vasectomy) or a lack of sperm production in the testicles. Even if no sperms are found in the ejaculation, sperm from the testicle can be extracted using minimally invasive procedures. After retrieving sperm, intracytoplasmic sperm injection can be used to achieve pregnancy (ICSI). The cause of azoospermia will determine the technique required to collect sperm. Importantly, regardless of the surgical procedure used, not all men will have sperm in their testes.
Cost Of Surgical Sperm Retrieval
The cost of surgical sperm retrieval can vary according to the city, and the hospital one chooses. However, the price of surgical sperm retrieval in India at various locations also differs based on the complexity involved in preparation. In Hyderabad, surgical sperm retrieval costs Rs 20,000 to Rs 40,000.
|Average Cost Range
|Rs 20,000 to Rs. 40,000
Who is the best candidate for Surgical Sperm Retrieval?
- Someone who has had a vasectomy.
- If the patient has chlamydia or another sexually transmitted illness.
- These procedures may be used if you cannot ejaculate (retrograde ejaculation or anejaculation).
- If you have no sperm in your semen due to a sperm production issue, they may have microTESE (non-obstructive azoospermia).
- If fertility hasn't returned to normal, whether you've received chemotherapy or radiation.
- When the patient has a hereditary disease that interferes with their fertility.
- One of the testicles has been removed (perhaps as part of cancer treatment).
What are the types of surgical sperm retrieval?
There are many ways to get sperm from the reproductive tract. The goal is to get the best quality and number of sperm. Care is taken not to harm the reproductive tract, allowing future sperm retrieval or reconstruction if needed./p>
Some of these procedures are:
- Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA)
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE)
- Microepidymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA)
- Microdissection TESE (microTESE)
At Medicover, we have the best team of urologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is one of the largest multispecialty hospitals, offering patients round-the-clock comprehensive care and treatment under one roof. We have the finest techniques and technology, cutting-edge facilities, the best infrastructure, and a team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver excellent treatment outcomes. Our experienced urologists, surgeons, and doctors perform adequate surgical sperm retrieval for the patients using advanced technologies.