What is Septoplasty?
The surgical procedure of septoplasty is done to repair a deviated septum. It's also known as turbinoplasty or turbinectomy. When the septum, or "crooked" septum, slips to one side of the nasal canal, it can cause difficulties in breathing and restricted airflow. The septum is straightened and repositioned to the centre of the nose during septoplasty surgery. Cutting and removing sections of the septum before reinserting them in the proper location may be part of this treatment.
Septoplasty Cost in India
The cost of Septoplasty in Mumbai, Nasik, or other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. Generally, the cost of Septoplasty in Hyderabad or other places varies from Rs 40000 to Rs 60000.
|Hyderabad||Rs 40,000 to Rs. 60,000|
How To Prepare For Septoplasty ?
- First, consult with your surgeon to discuss your expectations and what may be done with septoplasty.
- Before the procedure, you must disclose any additional health conditions you may have, to avoid complications.
- Laboratory procedures such as blood tests, skin examinations around the nose, and nasal cartilage examinations are required to fully comprehend your nose's structure.
- Septoplasty is a surgical procedure performed in a hospital under general or local anaesthesia.
- Aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, and herbal supplements can cause excessive bleeding.
- You'll need to stop smoking and take pain relievers weeks before the procedure.
- Before the surgery, your doctor may take photographs of your nose. You can tell how your nose has changed by comparing images taken before and after the treatment.
- If there are no issues, the patient will be discharged the same day.
How is Septoplasty Done?
- The surgeon will administer anaesthesia to help you relax throughout the surgery.
- Incisions are often made within the nasal cavity. A short incision across the columella, the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils, may be made for septoplasties, often done in conjunction with rhinoplasties.
- Separating the nasal mucosal lining from the septum is a necessary procedure that must be done carefully. The lining is delicate and may rip or hole when the mucosa is pushed away from the septum.
- The (bone and cartilage) of the deviated septum are removed, leaving behind the unique mucosal lining.
- The nasal mucosal lining is moved around the septum and sutured back together after being in the appropriate position and straightened.
By removing the deviated piece of the septum and reshaping the remaining bone and cartilage, septoplasty aims to straighten the septum as much as possible in the midline position and open the airway. The following are the techniques to perform septoplasty:
- Turbinate reduction
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced ENT and cosmetic surgeons to perform septoplasty procedures.