What is Prostate Cancer?
In males, prostate cancer is a common malignancy. The prostate gland, located between the genitals and the bladder, is often treatable if found early. Men have a prostate gland that generates some fluid that is observed in sperm. Cancer cells may form in almost any part of the body and spread to other regions. Prostate cancer arises when cells in the prostate gland grow out of control.
Cost of Prostate Cancer Treatment
The cost of prostate cancer treatment generally varies according to the city, and the hospital one chooses. However, prostate cancer treatment prices in Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Nashik do not see many variations. The cost of prostate cancer treatment in Hyderabad ranges from Rs 350,000 to Rs 700,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 350,000 To Rs. 700,000|
How Is Prostate Cancer Diagnosed?
Screening tests for prostate cancer include:
- A Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test reveals if PSA levels in the blood are greater in individuals with prostate cancer.
- A doctor performs a digital rectal exam (DRE) by inserting a gloved, lubricated finger into the rectum to estimate the prostate's size and feel for lumps or other abnormalities.
- The only certain approach to identifying prostate cancer is to take a needle biopsy and look for cancer cells in the tissue.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technology offers comprehensive pictures of the prostate during an MRI-guided prostate biopsy.
How is Prostate Cancer Treated?
Prostate cancer can be treated using a variety of methods. Doctors will recommend the best therapy for their patients. The following are some frequent treatments:
- A prostatectomy is a procedure in which the prostate is removed. The prostate and surrounding tissue are removed during radical prostatectomy.
- Radiation treatment includes killing cancer cells with high-energy beams (similar to X-rays).
- Cryotherapy involves freezing and killing cancer cells by inserting a specific probe into or near the prostate tumor.
- Chemotherapy is a treatment that employs medications to shrink or destroy cancer cells. The medications might be tablets that patients consume, medicines that are injected into their veins, or both.
- Biological therapy works with the immune system to help in the fight against cancer or to reduce the negative effects of other cancer therapies. Your body reacts to medications or other therapies known as " side effects."
- High-intensity focused ultrasound treatment kills cancer cells by directing high-energy sound waves (ultrasound).
- Hormone treatment deprives cancer cells of the hormones they require to thrive.
At Medicover, we have the best team of urologists and uro oncologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is one of the largest multispecialty hospitals, offering patients round-the-clock comprehensive care and treatment under one roof. We have the finest techniques and technology, cutting-edge facilities, the best infrastructure, and a team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver excellent treatment outcomes. Experienced urologists, onco-surgeons, and oncologists deliver adequate prostate cancer treatment to patients using advanced technologies.