What is Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis?
Preimplantation genetic testing is a combination of genetic tests performed to assess embryos before being implanted in the uterus to test for abnormal chromosomes. PGT stands for preimplantation genetic testing. In vitro fertilisation is used in the process (IVF). Each embryo has one or more cells submitted for genetic testing. Genetically healthy embryos are transferred to the uterus, where they may attach to the lining and result in a pregnancy.
Cost of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
The cost of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis in Mumbai, Hyderabad, or other locations does not vary much, however, there could be slight change due to the choice of the hospital or the city. In Hyderabad, Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis costs around Rs 250,000 depending on the techniques
|City||Average Cost Range|
Who are good candidates for PGD?
- Women aged 37 and above (due to higher risk of abnormal embryo genetics with normal reproductive ageing)
- Couples are at risk of passing on an inherited genetic condition to their children.
- Recurrent miscarriages due to chromosomal abnormalities in the past
What are the steps involved in Preimplantation of Genetic Diagnosis(PGD)?
PGD is divided into several steps carried out by various specialists and laboratories.
- The first step is in-vitro fertilisation (IVF), in which traditional IVF or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) can be done. Fertilised embryos are cultivated for 3 to 5 days after fertilisation.
- The embryo biopsy is the second part. An embryo biopsy is performed on the third or fifth day of embryo development.
- The test tubes are taken to the laboratory for examination the same day after the cells are biopsied and placed in test tubes. The analysis of the cell is done in a laboratory.
- The results are usually available after more than 24 hours. As a result, vitrification, a quick freezing procedure, is required to freeze the embryos.
- The thawing of a frozen embryo, usually a single embryo with a normal PGS result, in the next cycle after the in-vitro fertilisation treatment and the transfer of the embryo back into the uterus is the last stage.
- A pregnancy test is provided to the lady 12 days following the embryo transfer. A positive pregnancy test indicates the implantation of an embryo.
At Medicover, we have the best team of Gynecologists, fertility experts and pathologists who provide comprehensive care, diagnosis and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced Gynecologists and IVF experts who perform Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis with utmost precision and success.