What is Lithotripsy?
Lithotripsy is a non-invasive medical treatment used to treat kidney stones and also stones found in other parts of the body like the liver, gallbladder and gastrointestinal system. The most frequent type of lithotripsy procedure is extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL).
Lithotripsy Cost In India
The cost of lithotripsy generally varies according to the city, and the hospital one chooses. The cost of lithotripsy in Hyderabad, Vizag, and Nashik differs widely based on various factors. The typical cost of lithotripsy in India is approximately INR 72,000. The minimum cost of lithotripsy in Hyderabad is Rs. 30,000 and the maximum is Rs. 80,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 80,000|
How to Prepare For Lithotripsy?
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications such as prescribed drugs, over-the-counter medications, supplements, or blood thinners. Your doctor may advise you to stop these medications as they may interfere with the procedure.
- You have to do certain tests to check whether you are fit for the operation or not.
- If you’re getting general anaesthesia then your doctor may advise fasting for at least six hours before the operative procedure.
- Leave your valuables at home.
How is Lithotripsy done?
- To begin with the operation first, you need to put on a hospital gown.
- To give you fluids, medicines and anaesthesia, an IV (intravenous) line will be put into your hand.
- After finding the stones with fluoroscopy or ultrasound, you'll be placed in such a way so as to get the best access to the stone.
- If you're given local anaesthesia, then during the operation you may feel a slight tapping sensation on your skin.
- Many shock waves will be sent to break the stones into many tiny pieces in that specific body organ.
- The stones will be examined by fluoroscopy or ultrasound during the operative procedure.
- Once the stones are tiny enough to go through the urinary system in case of kidney stones or pass through the cystic duct to the common duct in case of gallstones then the procedure is completed.
Lithotripsy Techniques :
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is a technique for breaking stones in the kidney, ureter, or gall bladder. In this type, an incision is not required. In ESWL, high energy shock waves are passed through the body and used to disintegrate stones into small pieces similar to grains of sand. Because of their small size, these pieces can pass out from the body.
At Medicover, we have the best team of experienced doctors and surgeons who specialize in their field and offer the best treatment outcomes.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced urologists, uro-surgeons, and laproscopy surgeons who perform lithotripsy procedure with utmost precision.