What is Laser Hair Removal?
Are you exhausted from shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair? Laser hair removal may be an option worth considering because it is a non-surgical medical procedure that uses a concentrated light beam to remove unwanted hair from the roots. Though laser hair removal is a painless procedure, it is not a permanent hair removal solution as it only delays hair growth.
Laser Hair Removal Cost in India
The cost of laser hair removal varies from place to place or city, and the price depends on the location or hospital you choose. The minimum cost of laser hair removal in Hyderabad is around Rs 1,20,000 and the maximum is Rs 4,50,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs 1,20,000 to Rs 4,50,000|
How to Prepare For Laser Hair Removal?
- The first step is learning about the procedure, researching it, and preparing yourself.
- Then book an appointment with the doctor or technician performing the procedure.
- Before the appointment, thoroughly check and validate the doctor you are going to.
- It is a medical procedure and may have some risks so ask your doctor about the benefits and potential risks of the procedure.
- Avoid or limit plucking, waxing or shaving six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure six weeks before treatment because it is less effective.
How is laser hair removal done?
- Before the procedure, the hair undergoing the treatment is trimmed a few millimetres above the skin.
- Topical numbing medicine is applied 20-30 minutes before the procedure to prevent the sting sensation from the laser.
- The laser is adjusted according to the skin’s colour, hair colour, thickness, and location.
- You and the technician need to wear proper eye protection from the laser light to protect the eyes.
- Anti-inflammatory creams, lotions, ice packs etc., are given to ease the discomfort from the procedure.
- You can schedule an appointment four to six weeks later.
Laser Hair Removal Techniques:
Laser laser hair removal has been widely used nowadays, which helps remove the hair for a long time. But the techniques used are usually based on what is your skin tone and hair like?. Here are the five popular methods used for laser hair removal:
Alexandrite laser hair removal: It is one of the popular methods commonly used for light skin tone, and the laser's wavelength is shorter and is less painful as it cannot penetrate the skin. Even if the result is not permanent, it is much more lasting than other methods such as waxing, shaving or threading.
Diode laser treatments: It uses a longer wavelength for deeper penetration into the skin. This technique is most effective on medium-dark skin tones with courser hair. It is a painless procedure & compared to other methods; it requires fewer sessions to complete.
Ruby laser: It is the oldest method of hair removal technique, which became obsolete because the results are slower than the new techniques. It is not effective on darker and courser hair but is better for lighter, finer hair and light skin.
Nd and LP Nd: It is a heavy-duty laser that works best on thicker and courser hair and is also effective on individuals with darker skin tone & it’s not practical on lighter skin and more delicate hair. This method uses the longest wavelength, which can be slightly uncomfortable.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light): It is technically not a laser; it is just an intense pulsed light helpful in damaging the hair follicles, similar to the other laser methods.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons to perform laser procedures.