What is Knee Arthroscopy?
Knee arthroscopy is a surgical procedure that allows surgeons to see inside the knee joint without making a large incision in the skin or soft tissues. Your surgeon will create a small incision on your knee to insert a tiny camera into it to view the joint's interior on a monitor. The surgeon can then use small devices within the arthroscope to examine and resolve an issue with the knee.
Cost Of Knee Arthroscopy In India
The cost of a knee Arthroscopy generally varies according to the city, and the hospital one chooses. The cost of knee arthroscopy in Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Nashik can vary due to various other factors. The cost of knee arthroscopy in Hyderabad starts from Rs 75000 for one knee.
How To Prepare For Knee Arthroscopy?
- Doctors may advise a customised preparation regimen that includes mild activities.
- Any prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, or supplements you're taking should be disclosed to your doctor.
- You must also not eat or drink for six to twelve hours before the procedure.
- If you have any pain following the procedure, your doctor may prescribe pain medication.
- The procedure is carried out under sedation.
How is Knee Arthroscopy Done?
- The arthroscopy's scope will determine the type of anaesthesia used to relieve discomfort.
- If the patient is awake, they may be given the option of seeing the surgery on a monitor.
- A few tiny incisions on the knee begin the treatment.
- Next, the doctors introduce the arthroscope, which allows them to examine the region and identify any issues.
- If the condition can be resolved with arthroscopy, the surgeons will utilise tiny instruments inserted through the arthroscope to address the problem.
- The treatment may take less than an hour.
Who needs Knee Arthroscopy?
- If you have knee pain, the doctor may suggest you have a knee arthroscopy.
- If the doctor has already diagnosed the problem causing your knee pain, may recommend knee arthroscopy.
- The doctor may recommend knee arthroscopy to diagnose some other medical problem.
At Medicover, we have the best team of orthopaedic surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced orthopaedic surgeons to perform knee arthroscopy procedures.