What is Kidney Transplant?
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure performed when the kidneys fail to function correctly, and the failed kidney gets replaced with a healthy functional kidney. In this procedure, either one or both kidneys are replaced by donor kidneys offered by a living or deceased person. But generally, if a kidney fails, people go under dialysis to eliminate the body’s waste mechanically from the body.
Kidney Transplant Cost In India
The cost of a kidney transplant in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool or other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. It also depends on the complications involved in the surgery, which vary from person to person.
|Kidney Transplant Cost In India||Rs 8,00,000 to Rs. 10,00,000|
How to Prepare For Kidney Transplant?
- The first step is a complete body checkup to know if you are the perfect candidate for transplantation.
- The next step is to find a perfect match for your kidney.
- Avoid thinning blood medicines one week before the surgery.
- Eat fewer meals and stay completely hydrated all day.
- Don't eat any tough solid foods day before surgery.
- If the patient smokes, the surgeon advises you to quit smoking a week before the surgery.
- Kidney transplant surgery is done under anaesthesia.
How is Kidney Transplantation Done?
Following are the steps involved in kidney transplantation:
Finding an Ideal Kidney Match
After the patient is sure to have surgery, the first stage is to discover the perfect kidney donor. Finding a donor is a time-consuming process, and a deceased donor's kidney needs to match with the recipient’s body.Finding a living donor is also difficult as someone needs to donate a part of their body selflessly.
When the patient and donor, if the donor is alive, are brought to the hospital for the transplant, they will go through a physical exam, blood tests, a chest x-ray, and sometimes even an EKG or other screening. A top priority is determining whether or not the patient(s) is/are healthy and ready for the transplant.
Preparing the Patient
The patient's chest and abdomen will be shaved and scheduled for surgery. A laxative is administered to ensure no constipation arises post-surgery. A sedative helps to assist the patient to relax.
A general anaesthetic and sometimes a local is used where the incision has to be made. The old kidney is then removed through the incision, the new kidney is implanted, and all necessary pieces are carefully attached.
Who Is The Right Candidate for Kidney Transplant?
- Patients with end-stage kidney disease and going through dialysis.
- Patients with renal disease that has progressed to the point of requiring dialysis
- A combined kidney-pancreas transplant may be performed for patients with chronic renal disease and type 1 diabetes who have not responded to conventional therapy.
- The patient must meet the criteria for major surgery and be able to tolerate it.
- Patients and their families must understand the dangers and advantages of transplantation and the requirement for long-term medical monitoring.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing care lengths and quality for better patient outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced nephrologists and nephro surgeons to perform Kidney transplant procedures.