What Is Insulin?
Natural Insulin is a hormone secreted by beta cells in the islets of Langerhans of the pancreas. It is essential for regulating blood sugar levels and managing the metabolic processes of fats, carbohydrates, and protein.
Artificial insulin helps to manage blood sugar in individuals with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes who cannot be treated with only oral diabetic medicines.
Artificial insulin works in place of insulin that is naturally generated by the body. It helps transport sugar from the blood into other body tissues to produce energy, and also inhibits the liver from making excess sugar.
Insulin Injection Cost In India
The cost of insulin is usually the same in every city like Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Vizag, and Nashik. The average cost of insulin for a type 1 diabetic person in India is approximately Rs. 120/injection to a maximum of Rs. 150/injection, depending upon the dosage. The cost of insulin in Hyderabad is a minimum of Rs. 125/injection and a maximum of Rs. 147/injection.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 125/injection and a maximum of Rs. 147/injection.|
How to Take Insulin Injection?
Choose a clean, dry area on your body. The insulin pen injection includes the following items -
- Pen needles
- Alcohol wipes
- A container/box for used equipment.
Follow the below-given steps to use an insulin pen injection -
- Start by washing your hands.
- Remove the cap from the insulin pen.
- Roll the pen in your palms if the insulin in the pen seems milky. If the insulin is clear, there is no need to move the pen. Avoid shaking the pen unnecessarily.
- Fix a new needle to the insulin pen.
- Remove any air bubbles in the needle until a drop forms on the tip.
- Select the prescribed insulin dosage by turning the dosage knob.
- Inject the insulin drug into the skin at a 90-degree angle.
- You may notice bleeding at the injection site after taking out the needle. Stop it by applying pressure with the help of cotton.
What are the types of insulin pen injections?
There are two types of insulin pen injections: disposable and reusable.
- A disposable pen - It comes with an insulin cartridge that has been previously filled. After it is used once, the entire pen unit is thrown off.
- A reusable pen - It has an insulin cartridge that can be replaced. After using it once, the cartridge is discarded, and a new one is installed. Use a new needle for every insulin injection.
At Medicover, we have the best team of diabetologists and endocrinologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technologies and experienced diabetologists and endocrinologists who treat diabetes and give insulin injections to patients with complex diabetes conditions.