What Is Meant By Hypospadias Repair?
Hypospadias is one of the most commonly observed congenital genital anomalies in which there is a fault at the penis opening. Instead of exiting from the top, the urethra exits from the bottom of the penis.
Hypospadias is seen in one in 150 male babies and is generally detected at birth. This surgery is performed on male youngsters aged 6 months to 12 years.
Hypospadias Surgery Cost In India
The cost of a hypospadias surgery varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The cost of hypospadias repair in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool and other location differs widely based on various other factors or depending upon the complication of the case.
|Cost of a hypospadias surgery in India||Rs. 50,000 and the maximum is Rs. 1,00,000.|
How To Prepare For Hypospadias Surgery
- In an outpatient facility, hypospadias surgery is conducted. No hospitalization is required.
- A few medical tests may be required to learn about the child's general health.
- If any precautions are needed, the doctor will let you know.
How Is Hypospadias Surgery Done?
- The anaesthetist will inject general anaesthesia to put the child into a deep sleep or unconscious.
- The hypospadias repair surgery includes the following steps -
- Correcting the urethra or tube that did not develop till the end of the penis tip.
- Rectifying the urethra opening till the penis end.
- Straightening the penis shaft if it is in a curved form.
- Circumcising the abnormal foreskin present on the penis.
What Are The Complications Involved In Hypospadias Repair Surger
If hypospadias is not corrected on time, it can lead to the following complications, such as -
- Penis with an abnormal shape
- Learning to use a toilet might be tough
- With erection, the penis curves abnormally
- Ejaculation complications
At Medicover, we have the best team of urologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technologies and experienced urologists and urology surgeons who perform hypospadias repair procedures.