What is Dental Bleaching?
Tooth whitening, also known as tooth bleaching or dental bleaching, is a technique of removing stains on the tooth surfaces and lightening the colour of human teeth to their natural colour. Teeth whitening cannot change the teeth colour completely, but it can remove the stains on the teeth.
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is the main ingredient commonly found in whitening products and is available as either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
Dental Bleaching Cost In India
The cost of dental bleaching varies according to the city, and the dental clinic one chooses. The cost of the teeth whitening in Hyderabad, Vizag, Nellore, Kurnool, Nizamabad, Aurangabad, and Nashik differs widely based on several other factors. The typical cost of the teeth whitening procedure in India is between Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 12,000. The minimum cost of the teeth whitening in Hyderabad is Rs. 6,000, and the maximum is Rs. 12,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs 6,000 to Rs. 12,000|
How To Prepare For Dental Bleaching Procedure
- No special preparation is required for the dental bleaching procedure. Before going to the dental clinic, brush your teeth thoroughly to remove any stuck food particles and to avoid bad breath.
- If you have any kind of allergy, especially to drugs, dental materials, or any other type, inform your dentist./li>
- If you are suffering from any health issues, such as hypertension, diabetes (it delays the blood clotting process), or any other illness, let your dental doctor know about it.
How Is Dental Bleaching Procedure Done?
- The teeth whitening procedure begins with the application of a whitening gel to the teeth containing 25% to 40% hydrogen peroxide.
- The dental doctor aims a unique heating lamp at the teeth, with reapplication of the whitening gel between intervals.
- Some dental doctors may also use a laser whitening technique that accelerates or activates the whitening process.
- A dental barrier is used during the teeth whitening procedure to keep your gums, lips, and tongue safe from the whitening gel.
- This teeth bleaching process usually takes about an hour in a dental clinic.
Why Is Dental Bleaching Needed?
Due to everyday habits, our teeth surfaces get stained very easily, resulting in teeth discolouration. This leads to aesthetic issues, inadequate dental hygiene, and dental problems. The various factors causing tooth discolouration are -
- Smoking habits
- Tobacco intake
- Frequent consumption of tea, coffee, wine, and colas
- High consumption of fluoride during childhood
- Teeth damage due to trauma or accident
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced dentists who perform dental bleaching procedures.