What Is Capsule Endoscopy?
Capsule endoscopy, or wireless capsule endoscopy or video capsule endoscopy, is a diagnostic procedure to study the gastrointestinal tract. In this, a patient swallows a battery-powered vitamin-size capsule that acts as a tiny camera with a light source to take thousands of images of the intestinal lumen.
This technique helps the doctor examine the small intestine, which is not easily accessible with traditional endoscopy procedures.
Capsule Endoscopy Cost In India
The cost of a capsule endoscopy varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The cost of capsule endoscopy in Hyderabad, Vizag, and Nashik differs widely based on several other factors. The average cost of capsule endoscopy in India is between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 80,000. The minimum cost of video capsule endoscopy in Hyderabad is Rs. 30,000, and the maximum is Rs. 70,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 30,000, and the maximum is Rs. 70,000.|
How To Prepare For Capsule Endoscopy Procedure
- One day before your examination, eat only a clear liquid diet.
- To help empty your GI system, take a laxative solution. With this, the visibility of the camera improves, and clear images are available.
- Avoid eating or drinking at least 10 to 12 hours before your wireless capsule endoscopy.
- Talk to your gastroenterologist about avoiding certain drugs that may interfere with the diagnostic examination. Your gastroenterologist will give you more specific instructions to be followed before your procedure.
How Is Capsule Endoscopy Done?
- You have to wear a recording device on your abdomen during the procedure.
- You have to swallow the capsule endoscope with a small amount of water. This capsule naturally passes through the digestive tract, it will send video images to a data recorder in the recording device for nearly eight hours.
- When this process is over, the doctor will remove the recorder device, and you can leave the procedure room.
- The images collected on the device can be put on a computer screen for the doctor to review.
- During a bowel movement, the capsule is passed out of your body.
What Are The Indications Of Capsule Endoscopy Procedure?
Your gastroenterologist might suggest a video capsule endoscopy procedure to examine -
At Medicover, we have the best team of gastric surgeons and gastroenterologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technologies and experienced gastric surgeons and gastroenterologists who perform video capsule endoscopy procedures.