What is Blood Cancer?
The formation and functioning of your blood cells are affected by blood cancers. Most of these cancers begin in the bone marrow, where blood is produced. The three types of blood cells that grow and develop in your bone marrow are red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. The normal development of blood cells is disturbed in most blood cancers by the uncontrolled growth of an abnormal form of a blood cell. These malignant cells, also known as abnormal blood cells, prohibit your blood from fulfilling various functions, such as fighting infections and avoiding severe bleeding.
Cost of Blood Cancer Treatment
The cost of blood cancer treatment depends on a number of factors like the stage of cancer, the sessions of blood transfusion needed, and complications associated with the patients. It also depends on the hospital and city you choose for the treatment. The cost of blood cancer treatment in Mumbai, Nashik, Hyderabad or other cities can differ. However, the average cost of blood cancer treatment in India is Rs 10,94,000. The minimum cost of blood cancer treatment in Hyderabad is Rs 500000, and the maximum is 20,00,000.
|Rs 500000, and the maximum is 20,00,000.
How is Blood Cancer Diagnosed?
- Your doctor will examine your body and lymph nodes for any symptoms of infection or bruises and evaluate your medical history.
- Blood cancer can be diagnosed using multiple tests and methods.
- A lymph node biopsy, which obtains a sample of lymph tissue or an entire lymph node, may be needed for various types of blood cancers, such as lymphoma.
- It can also be diagnosed by examining the bone marrow, where blood cells are formed.
- CT scans, MRI scans, PET scans, X-rays, and ultrasounds can detect leukaemia, a blood cancer that causes no visible tumours.
- A complete blood count (CBC) can evaluate the cell count of various blood components, such as white blood cells, platelets, and red blood cells.
How is Blood Cancer Treated?
The cancer type, the age, how fast the cancer is spreading, where cancer is spreading, and other factors can affect blood and bone marrow cancer treatment. The following are some of the most prevalent blood cancer therapies for leukaemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma:
- Healthy blood-forming stem cells are infused into the body during a stem cell transplant. Bone marrow, circulating blood, and umbilical cord blood can all be used to generate stem cells.
- Chemotherapy is a treatment that employs anticancer medications to halt the development of cancer cells in the body.
- Radiation treatment can kill cancer cells while also relieving pain and suffering. It's also possible to take it before a stem cell transplant.
- Targeted medication therapies work by preventing particular abnormalities in cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy makes use of your immune system to fight cancer.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and an experienced team of oncologists and radiologists who provide blood cancer treatment with utmost precision.