What is Ankle Replacement Surgery?
Ankle replacement surgery is a technique that involves replacing a damaged joint to relieve pain and discomfort. The surgery is usually performed under general anaesthesia. Your orthopedic surgeon will create an incision in the ankle to reach the afflicted joint. Next, the surgeon will remove the damaged pieces of your tibia and talus bones and replace them with prosthetic metal joints.
Cost Of Ankle Replacement Surgery in India
The cost of ankle replacement surgery generally varies according to the age of the patient and the severity of the health problem. It also depends on the hospital and the city one chooses. The cost of ankle replacement procedure in Vizag, Aurangabad, Nashik, and Hyderabad differs due to several factors. However, the average cost of ankle replacement surgery in India is Rs 4,55,000. The average price of ankle replacement operation in Hyderabad is between Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 400,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 4,00,000|
Who Is A Good Candidate For Ankle Replacement Surgery?
If nonsurgical treatments, such as anti-inflammatory medications, bracing, physical therapies, activity adjustments, and injections have failed to relieve your ankle discomfort and function, your foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon may consider ankle replacement procedure.
How Is Ankle Replacement Surgery Done?
- Ankle replacement surgery can be done under general anaesthesia or with a nerve block.
- Your orthopedic surgeon will apply a tourniquet to reduce bleeding and increase visibility during the surgery.
- Depending on the type of implant used, they will approach the ankle from the front or side.
- The bone is then removed and the metal and plastic components that make up the ankle joint are placed.
- Additional treatments may be required at the same time to guarantee that the foot and ankle are correctly aligned, and the deformity is rectified.
- The incisions are then stitched or stapled closed, and a splint is applied.
At Medicover, we have the best team of orthopedic surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and a professional team of orthopaedic surgeons who perform ankle replacement surgical operations with utmost precision.