What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine treatment technique in which fine needles are inserted into specific points on the body. It's generally used to cure pain, but it also treats other ailments.
This procedure is not for everyone. If you decide to see an acupuncturist, talk to your doctor first and look for a certified practitioner with the necessary training and certifications.
Cost of Acupuncture In India
The cost of an Acupuncture mainly varies according to the city and the provider you choose. The cost of acupuncture in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Nashik can vary, and the cost of acupuncture in Hyderabad is between INR 500 to Rs 1600 for a single session. For multiple sessions, the cost will increase. It also depends on the medical condition you wish to go for this procedure.
|Hyderabad||Rs 500 to Rs 1600|
How to Prepare For Acupuncture?
It's okay if you're a little nervous. However, most individuals who have tried acupuncture will say that the fear of not understanding what they are doing hurts the most. The methods below will help you prepare for your first acupuncture treatment and understand what to expect.
- Allow yourself to have enough time before and after the session to prepare. Before or after your first acupuncture appointment, avoid doing anything hectic or stressful.
- Bring a list of all your current medicines to the appointment. Your doctor should know what medications or supplements you already use before beginning the acupuncture therapy to avoid any health issues.
- Before the appointment, it is necessary to follow a healthy diet. You should eat at least two hours before your appointment and avoid large meals if possible.
- Caffeine should not be consumed for at least two hours before the procedure since it stimulates your nerves, which is not suitable for acupuncture.
How is Acupuncture Done?
- Your acupuncturist will ask about your medical history and may do a physical examination before starting acupuncture.
- Thin needles are inserted into specific points during an acupuncture session to address your issue or condition.
- The doctor then twists the needles gently to add to the impact.
- The doctor leaves the needles on the body's surface for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The entire session might take between 30 minutes and an hour to complete.
What Are The Different Types of Acupuncture?
Acupuncture as a treatment has proven to bring significant benefits, but there is no evidence that one style is more effective than another. Although every type of acupuncture uses a treatment plan to help people improve their health and well-being. The following are the types of acupuncture:
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture
- Japanese Style Acupuncture
- Korean Acupuncture
- Auricular Acupuncture
- Laser Acupuncture
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced acupuncturists to perform acupuncture procedures.